Thursday, September 27, 2012

Crazy? No, just a runner

Seems like lately I have been starting my blog by saying "yesterday I . . ."  I guess that's what happens when I type this at work, and not at home in the evening like I did when I first started it.  I liked doing it in the evenings because I could talk about my day, but I have found that I have gotten lazy in the evenings (or at home) and don't do it.  Or it could be that all the TV shows are back on and so we are watching more TV that I like so I want to pay attention more.  Whatever it is, I have had the most success at getting a post up if I do it at work. *shhhh don't tell!  =)

Speaking of not telling . . . no one in my real life, other than Chris, knows I have a blog.  Chris doesn't read it and I don't want him to, I don't think he's even been on a computer in a year or so.  I have one, maybe two, people that I've thought about telling, but I haven't.  I think it's because I'm embarrassed that I do it.  I don't talk about anything profound, half the time I don't even talk about running, and I rarely talk about weight loss, mostly just how frustrated I am (I still am), so I don't see the point.  I don't even think I would read my blog if I stumbled upon it.  How bad is that??

Anyway, a few weeks ago a coworker asked me how I was doing, and then he said "Just living the dream?"  I never say I'm "living the dream."  That is my husband's thing.  I only have it on my blog (which I don't really care for).  Anyway, I wondered if he happened to see my blog at some point and read it.  Anyway, if he's reading it now . . . hmmmm, I guess that's okay, he's a nice guy.  ; )

Yesterday I ran 4 miles.  They were fast miles too.  =)  (9.44 min/mile) I was really tired when I got home, it was all I could do to put one more foot in front of another. 

I read on Katie's blog a review for a book (follow the link, it'll take you to that post, I'm not going to go into that much detail) that talked about the amount of exercise you need to do in order to lose weight.  30 min 5-6 days/wk = weight maintenance, 60-90 min 5-6 day/wk = 1-2 lb weight loss and so on.  Well, I only run 30 min a day, so I decided to up my run time.  I have been running according to mileage, I decided to change that and start running according to time.  However, I am not ready to run 60 min straight, but I can run 40 min.  So that is what I am doing. 

However, yesterday I ran faster than I normally do, so my 4 mile 40 min route didn't actually take 40 min, it only took 39.03 min.  =(  I thought about continuing down the street for another min, but I was so wiped out by the time I got home that there was no way I could have gone another step.  Instead, I sat on my front steps and dripped sweat for a bit and then stretched in my backyard.  =)

I certainly felt it last night, too.  By the time I went to bed I was sore all over.  I don't think there was a part of my body that wasn't hurting.  I thought that I would have problems getting out of bed this morning.  Guess what?  No problems at all.  My back is a little sore, but I think it's the zumba stuff I did on Tuesday, not running stuff . . . plus, I did some push-ups yesterday after my run. 

I think I would like to run for 6 miles.  I hit 5 miles way back on July 1st and I only did it once, right after that we went camping and then my infamous injury, which means I haven't gone that far again.  This last Sunday I hit 4.38 miles, which is good, but I would like to do 5 miles again, and I'd like to get up to 6 miles . . . 

In fact, I've been even thinking of maybe, possibly trying to get up to 10 miles . . . shocking, I know.  Here I talked about never wanting to do a marathon or even a half-marathon.  It seems so far.  And yet, now I'm entertaining the thought of getting my mileage up to 10 miles, that's only 3 miles short of a half-marathon . . . hmmm, I think maybe I've gone crazy.  =)

Even though yesterday was hard, I'm looking forward to doing it again today.  Runners really are a little crazy, aren't they?  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment