Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wogs and Zumba

Yesterday Chris decided to go wogging with me (I hope you all realize "wog" is jog and walk together, I've been talking about it for awhile.)  =)  I really like when he decides to go with me, but he can only do about 2 miles and the last two times it's only been 1.88 (or so) miles.  Yesterday he was really dragging.  We only went once last week and that was at the beginning of the week.  We haven't been eating very well lately, and he noticed it.  He saw a decline in his endurance and said he "felt" the weight in his belly again.  He said he hasn't gained any weight, but he felt more sluggish.  We definitely did more walking than running this time. 

While we were walking, Chris said that he is interested in going to play tennis once a week.  We went last week and had a lot of fun, so I'm hoping that we can do it regularly.  Chris said he's willing to do it Friday if he gets off work early enough.  His work has gotten busy, so he hasn't been home real early most days.  In fact, this week he's working 6 (his normal work week is 4 days). 

I would also like to do some hiking, but I say that all the time (about this time of year) and never actually do it.  Most of the time I forget, but I also don't exactly know where to go.  The one time this year that I decided to go, Damian and I drove for over an hour and still hadn't gotten to the spot I had Googled.  I was running out of gas and didn't know if I kept going if I'd make it back to civilization so we turned around.  I know there are tons of hiking spots in this area, but I just don't know where.

I was going to go for my own run after Chris's and my wog, but decided to do Zumba instead.  I've only gone once in about 3 months and I definitely noticed my endurance there was decreased.  However, I really, really love Zumba and am going to go at least once a week, preferably twice a week.  I think I would like a job where exercise was my job.  I love running, and I love Zumba, how fun would it be to do that everyday, all day? 

Don't worry, I'm not going to become a Zumba instructor, there is no way that I am that dedicated or will ever look that good doing it, but I think about it a lot when I go to class.  The studio I go to is new, the instructor was teaching Zumba at a church in town and it was so popular she got together with some friends and opened Studio 7.  Anyway, I think about it a lot while I'm zumba-ing, that no wonder she's so skinny, her job is to exercise, and how fun that would be.  =)  However, I would never be able to get in front of a bunch of people and do it, I think that takes a lot of self-confidence and I don't have it. . .

Today I'm getting my hair done and then tomorrow I'm going to start the Curly Girl Method for my hair.  I'm really excited about it.  I'm curious what my hair will look like.  I will have 6 weeks between my hair appts and what I've read has said that your hair takes 2-6 weeks to get used to the method.  So, by the time I get my hair done again, I should know if I want to continue.  I'm sure my hair is pretty damaged, I straighten it regularly (although I never blow dry I'm too lazy) and I get it colored every 5-6 weeks. 

I am looking forward to going for a run today.  According to my MapMyFitness app I only ran 3 times last week.  I can't believe that.  I thought I had run more often.  So this week I need to make sure I go out every day.  I would like to do some sort of physical activity every day.  However, I'm already behind in that because I didn't run on Monday (it was $5 margarita night in honor of Seahawks on Monday Night Football at a tequila bar here).  ~Did you watch that game?  I was riveted.  I don't always watch all of the game when Chris has it on, but that one held my attention throughout the entire game.  I realize the ending was very controversial, but that's okay (anyone remember 2005 Superbowl?). 

I guess I will go there . . . I just read this article and it says that the last call (that everyone says was bad) that gave the last touchdown to Seattle was correct.  I am happy about that.  I'm sure those that are Green Bay fans (which is everyone that doesn't live in WA) are very unhappy about that.  =)  Oh well, Seattle gets no credit for their sports teams, so it doesn't surprise me. 

same source as above
By the way . . . I am not a diehard fan, I watch the games with Chris, but I am usually doing something else at the time as well so don't pay 100% attention and don't care if I miss the end as long as I hear who won.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment