Saturday, September 29, 2012

Surprise!

I'm posting on a Saturday!  =)  But I just had great news and I had to share it . . . in a min.  =) 

I started the Curly Girl Method yesterday.  I am excited to see what my hair looks like at the end of it.  This is a picture of what my hair looked like yesterday. 
 
I didn't realize how bad my hair looks from the back.  It is not curly at all, just frizzy and not attractive.  Hopefully it looks better after a few weeks.  The picture of my face is after I took the barrets out.  It was the best of 4 pictures I took, so I'm sorry it's not a great picture.  =)  It is better than this picture that I tried to take at work. =)
Looks like a FB picture some teenage girl tried to take of her butt.  =)
Damian is at a team building camp for his gymnastics.  It is one a challenge course that has the ropes courses.  I don't think he really understood what he was going to be doing, but once he figured it out, I'm sure he was jumping up and down with excitement . . . wait, he's 14 now, he's too "cool" to jump up and down.  =)
source
I did a ropes course when I was a teenager and it was a lot of fun.  I'm sure Damian is having a blast.  I have to pick him up in about an hour, so my run will have to wait until he is home.  =)  I'm not sure how far I'm going to go today.  Chris asked if I wanted pizza for dinner, so I'm thinking at least 4 miles.
 
On to my really exciting news . . . A friend of mine from my childhood text me and told me she just agreed to do the Hood to Coast relay next August (it's very similar, if not the same as, a Ragnar Relay). I am not sure how much she runs right now, but I know that she talks about running a lot. She posts things on pinterest and facebook about running and tags me in a lot of motivational running quotes. Anyway, she said that a friend of hers asked her to do the relay and she's excited/nervous. I instantly became jealous and looked it up on google. I said something to her about being jealous and she said that their team isn't full yet. So I said that if they need someone else to let me know. She told me she already mentioned me to her friend and the friend asked if I was interested and she said yes. =)

I guess it's a pretty big event (I'd never heard of it before, but I am new at this whole running thing) and they pick the teams that compete. Not everyone that applies gets to do it. I don't know how they pick the teams, but we'll find out in October if we are doing it. According to my friend, there is only a 30% chance that the team I might be on (still feels weird to say "my" team) will get picked.  I am super, super excited though and would LOVE to do it. I don't know why, since I'm not very interested in races. I'll keep you posted about it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment