Monday, September 17, 2012

FMM - Blog Stuff

Yesterday was Damian's 14th birthday.  I cannot believe how old he is!  I am so sad sometimes when I think about it.  Not because I'm getting old (although, that is sad) but because I miss my little boy.  He was so adorable and such a Mama's boy that it's hard for me to let go and let him be a teenager.  (I will admit to liking the freedom that comes with having an older child and definitely miss it now that I have a baby again.)



Have I mentioned that I have had some hip pain for about 2 weeks?  Well, I have had some hip pain for the last 2 weeks.  =)  It's really frustrating because my leg finally feels good.  I have even run a couple times without a bandage on it.  And I've kinda ignored my hip pain, I ice it in the evenings and take some ibprofen, but I haven't done anything else about it.  I can run on it, and I don't feel much pain with it while I'm running and if I stretch good after running then I don't notice it very much.  I think it mostly hurts in the morning after I wake up (which I think is because I like to sleep on my right side).  Yesterday it hurt so bad all morning.  I finally decided to do some stretches after church and ice it for a little bit.  That helped a lot.

Today I decided to go to a dr.  I can't pinpoint exactly when it started hurting or what I did to cause it to hurt.  I know that when it first started I thought it was from soreness from doing a certain kettlebell exercise.

source
However, the soreness didn't go away even though I hadn't done the exercise in a week and in fact has gotten worse.  Soooo, I think it's time to go to the dr.  I'm not too thrilled about that because all I've read about hip pain in runners is pretty bad and requires an x-ray to properly diagnose and we all know how expensive x-rays are.  Plus, I'm not very happy that the dr will probably tell me to quit running for awhile to let it heal, whatever the diagnosis is.  I just got over a 5 week break from my leg, and now I'm going to probably be out at least that long for my hip.  =(
Well . . . it is Friend Makin' Monday. =)  Kenlie at All the Weigh hosts this, so go check her out.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 Blog Stuff


1.  Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship?No, I haven't been blogging long.

2.  Most bloggers have a specific niche.  What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I don't think I have anything I would talk about more.  I tend to talk about a little bit of everything going on in my life, but try to stay focused on running (which I'm not good at).  I'm not much of an "inappropriate" type person in real life, so I don't think I would go there in my blog.

3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? I would really like to meet Monica at Fat Girl Finding Fit - I love the way she writes, she always sounds upbeat and happy and yet has medical issues that are obviously painful, Melinda at Does this Scale Make Me Look Fat?, and Tammy at My Crazy Life.  I love the big bloggers as well, Kenlie, Katie, Linda, Jen, Mary, Adam, they are all my best friends even though none of them know me or even follow my blog =) . . . but seriously, I doubt it will ever happen.  

4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose?  Facebook, I am never on Twitter, I have 2 followers who are also never on Twitter and I think I follow those same two . . .

5. Do you vlog (video blog?) No, I don't want people seeing me make a fool of myself.  Besides I'd have to write down what I was going to say otherwise it would be a terrible mess.  =)

6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? I follow 26 blogs, however, not everyone writes every single day.  And I don't always read them every day.  Right now I haven't read anyone's since Thursday (I'm so behind!) 

7.  What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? I honestly don't know.  I haven't read any blogs since Thursday so nothing there.  Sorry.  

8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? I don't know.  I am not crazy about my name, but don't know what I would change it to.  

9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin?  If not, would you?  No, I never have been.  I don't think I'd do it.  I am not a big people person, I don't like being in crowds of strangers.  Even small crowds . . .

10. In the past I have asked why you blog.  Now I want to know why you read blogs?  What do you take from it?  I started with Katie's blog, which I found on Pinterest.  I loved her story, from her blog I found some other awesome one's like Linda and Jen's blogs (and really everyone else's came from one of those 3). I like to go back and read the beginning of the person's blogs, what started it all.  I started reading them to stay motivated in my running, but now I just love to hear about people's lives.  I am such a snoop, and this way I can snoop without being rude.  =)

Now it’s your turn to fill out this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi from FMM!
    I know what you mean about getting behind with the blog reading. I was behind 2 weeks and I finally had to give up and just start fresh. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked you too to meet in person!!! That is soo awesome!!LOL

    ReplyDelete