Friday, September 28, 2012

Tennis anyone?

I have figured out how to have my coffee in the morning without adding 200+ calories in creamer. I have started using only 1 tbsp of creamer (which is the serving size, I normally use at least 3 tbsps) and then I use a bunch of vanilla flavored almond milk.  8 oz of almond milk is 90 calories, and I'm not drinking 8 oz, close to 3 tbsps of it.  It's a little tricky to figure out the exact calorie count, but I think I have it down in MFP

So yesterday . . . I ended up not doing zumba or running.  Instead we went and played tennis.  I didn't feel like it was much of a workout though because no one in my family is very good, so we spend a lot of time chasing balls (although that is kind of a workout) and trying to keep Maddox happy.  I think we're going to have to find some small toddler sized tennis racket.  He gets really upset after awhile when he doesn't get one.  
It's very hard to get a non-blurry picture when he's always moving.  =)
I wanted to run home, but Chris asked me not to.  When I asked why, he said "because I want to ride with you."  I know he's being sweet, but it's kinda silly.  (Have I ever mentioned I'm not very romantic?)  I didn't run home, but I really felt like I didn't get much of a workout.  BUT I guess I have to look at it this way, I want my kids to live a healthy life and if that means I have to give up a run or zumba to go play with my kids, I guess I will trade that.  I'll just go for a run today.  =)

Even though I didn't feel like I had exercised much, my body ached again yesterday evening.  My hip hurt and my legs hurt, and surprisingly, my shins hurt . . . oh, and don't forget my upper back/shoulder area.  However, once again I woke up this morning with very little soreness.  My hip is a little sore today, but that probably has to do with wearing heals, I notice it acts up when with heals so I've avoided them until today.

This weekend I would like to go for a hike.  I have a friend that has asked me to go with her a couple times but she always cancels on me.  I asked her if she could go this weekend and she said yes, so we'll see.  Otherwise I'll have to figure out where to go on my own.

Next Saturday is my birthday.  I'm getting to the age where I'm not really excited for my birthdays anymore.  I like getting gifts, and my husband makes the best dinners for me, but I am not liking this whole "getting old" thing.  I'll be 36 . . . and I'm finding that is a number I'm not too happy with.  I didn't like 35 at all, before 35 I was okay, but this year has been hard on me, realizing I'm getting old. =(

Anyway, have a great weekend.  Maybe I'll surprise you all by posting this weekend.  But don't count on it.  =)
After tennis with my big nose =)


No comments:

Post a Comment