Friday, August 2, 2013

Plataeus

I realized that I hadn't updated my Scale Obsession page in a week or so, so I decided to go there and add the bad plateau news.  I didn't realize that I hadn't updated it since June 28th.  I have been fluctuating  at 150ish for a month or so.  Actually I went and looked at it again, and the first time I recorded 150 was 5/24.  I got all the way down to 149 on 6/21, but I have been pretty much stuck at 150 for 2 months now.  This week my weight has been up and down between 150 and 152, which pretty much means I need to be better with my food.

I haven't been making the best choices food-wise.  I think it has been mostly because I have been so busy.  This is an excuse, but I have seriously been driving all over WA state for the last month or two.  And when you are driving across the state, it is much easier to stop and grab some food, then make something healthy.  This weekend is another drive across the state to my in-laws house. 

This weekend could potentially be the most disastrous.  When I go visit my family, I am very comfortable in my parents' house (or sister's and even my aunt's), but going to my husband's father's house where there will be A LOT of people that I don't know well, and am not comfortable in the house, I am pretty much stuck eating whatever is there.  (I don't know my husband's father's family well because he was raised with his mom's family and in the 15 years since we got married I've been around them 3 times, this will be 4.)  When I'm at my parent's house I will help myself to whatever is there (looking for good food) and often have some sort of say in what is made for meals.  However, I won't have that at my father-in-law's house.  Plus, they do A LOT of drinking when the entire family gets together.

And then a week from Sunday we're going camping, and honestly, the food choices while camping aren't going to be fabulous.  Less fresh stuff, more chips and snack foods.  I did pretty good last year, so it shouldn't be really horrible, but still . . .

Interestingly, I was trying to catch up on blog reading yesterday and I came across this post from Marion.  She basically says that plateaus don't mean failure, you were successful.  I was successful at losing 27 lbs, but in order to lose more I have to change up my "formula."  "What to do with a half-effective formula? You tweak it to be tighter." 

I have always said that I can exercise till I drop, but I have problems with the eating part of it.  It's still true.  I'm better than I was, but not as good as I could be.  I guess I have to ask myself if I'm happy with my weight.  I can honestly say I'm happy with how I look, but I am not happy with my weight.  I am the healthiest I have ever been, and the skinniest since high school (in high school I was skinnier).  But I have never deluded myself into thinking I could actually look like I did in high school, that was almost 20 years ago and 2 kids ago. 

Anyway, today I'm off (again) to eastern WA.  I'm not really looking forward to it.  I'm TIRED. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the visit to Eastern WA...just take it one minute at a time. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete