Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Phone, zumba, and hair

Well, I think my phone is completely dead.  It will start up, but it turns itself off and back on, and repeats that indefinitely. So I called to get a new one.  I haven't had to replace my phone because of something I did for about 3 years, so I was super surprised to find out that the price went up from $80, to $99.  It annoys me because I've paid for insurance on my phones for years, and I still have to pay $100, that's not much less than getting a new phone when my contract is up.  I'm thinking of going with a different company altogether.  I'm not extremely happy with Verizon, but I don't know if other companies are any better.

I'm supposed to get it today, so that would be awesome.  I would love to have some music while I run, and I don't want to run on the treadmill again.

Anyway, because I don't have a phone (no music) I was trying to figure out what I was going to do yesterday.  I was on Facebook at lunch and saw "Zumba at 5:30!"  I haven't been to zumba since I before I started Insanity in April.  I was a little worried because when you don't go for a long time they change the songs and the routines and I end up looking like an idiot because I don't know what I'm doing.  However, it wasn't too bad.  I was pleased that there were about 3 songs/routines that I recognized.  I forgot how much of a workout for my arms it is.  I thought my shoulders were going to be super sore today.  I did the pull-ups and push-ups on Monday, and then zumba yesterday.  I was right, my shoulders are very sore today.

While I was zumba-ing, I thought a lot about MaryFran because I know she likes zumba so much.  I wish I was more open and could be more comfortable making friends there.  Before I stopped going in April, I had been going for almost a year, and recognized most of the faces (I still did yesterday), but no names and could probably count on one hand how many people I've actually talked to.

This afternoon I have a hair appointment.  I'm thinking about cutting my hair again.  I am tired of my hair right now, but I don't know if I want to cut it just yet.  This is one of my favorite haircuts from my past and what I'm thinking of doing again, just not blonde.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Zumba is my social hour! :-)

    Can't wait to see your new 'do'. Although I think you make a great blonde!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran. :-) Blonde is my natural color (well, it has darkened and now is a dark blonde) but I've been dying it blackish for almost 2 years now and really like it. :-)

      Delete