Friday, August 9, 2013

The post about nothing in-particular

The last several times that I have run, I have thought of a topic that I wanted to blog about, but of course I always forget while I'm actually sitting here writing.  =(

Yesterday I went for a short run.  After my first mile, mapmyrun told me that I had run an 8:16 min/mile.  I thought that was a little fast, so I decided to slow down.  Well, obviously I didn't slow down much because my next mile was 7:54 min/mile.  =)  Here are my splits.

Considering my first mile was my slowest, and I was thinking I should slow down after that mile . . . I obviously didn't.  No wonder I was so tired when I got home. =)  I hate running in the heat.  I know, I know, I've talked about it so much, but seriously, it's hot.  (I know, I know 75 degrees would be a relief for some people, but here, it feels hot.)  =(  I feel tired and melted by the time I'm done. 

I hate the rain, I complain about it all the time, I long to move back to a drier climate, but then during one of the warmest, driest summers we've had in a while, all I can do is complain about running in the "heat."  I think if Chris and I were to ever move back to eastern WA, I would have to make sure my treadmill was inside, and I would probably use it a lot more in the summer.  Where it is now, the carport, all I get is the heat and no breeze to cool me off, so it's doubly hot. 

I've been done with this week since about . . . Tuesday.  =)  Yesterday I woke up and seriously couldn't believe it was only Thursday.  Today was better because it's Friday, but I still had to drag my butt out of bed and go to work.  I felt like a kid when my mom would come in and wake me up.  I wanted to throw a mini-tantrum "I don't wanna go to work!! I'm tired! Leave me alone!!"  Sadly, I had to get up and go to work. 

Today I'm going to run earlier in the day, and tomorrow I'm going to get up and run before noon.  I'm looking forward to a cooler morning run.  =)

I'm tired today, and have nothing else.  So here's a picture of my super cute kitty, Addie.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I"m a little late in reading your blog....but I had to grin when I read that you couldn't believe it was only Thursday....it's Worse now, because I can't believe it's ONLY Monday! LOL

    ReplyDelete