Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A sickies Mother's Day weekend

If you follow me on Facebook then you know that my weekend was full of sick people and my Mom (I think I mentioned that my Mom was in town).  Anyway, my Mom came last Wednesday to watch Damian play baseball.  However, Friday both Chris and Damian got sick.  Chris is really sick, he's still sick, he went to work today because he needs to work, but his boss sent him home (that never happens).  It's very strange though, because Chris is coughing with a fever and chills and D had a stomach ache and headache, but no fever. 

My poor Mom . . . I tried to get her out of the house as often as I could.  We went for walks and Saturday we went out for a pedicure and a Mother's Day lunch.  The sickies stayed in their rooms and avoided us (which was very okay with me).  I started sleeping on the couch because I DON'T want to get sick, and I always do when Chris gets sick.  So far I'm fine and I don't mind sleeping on our new couch.  It's really quite comfy.  =) 

Mother's Day was very uneventful.  My Mom left early (I think mostly to just get away from my house) and I watched TV and Maddox all day.  When Maddox laid down for his nap I left to go to Starbucks for awhile and read my book.  It was relaxing and something I really needed.  We ordered pizza (which I mostly ate cuz everyone else was sick) and watched TV in the evening.  I think Chris owes me big when he's better.  =) 
Maddox and his crazy hair =)
I did go for an 8 mile run Sunday and it was nice.  Yesterday I thought I was getting sick, my stomach was quite queasy, so I decided to not run.  Then this morning when I was laying half asleep (on the couch) I was trying to figure out if I was still feeling off and I remembered that I had 4 margaritas Sunday night and that was probably why I was queasy yesterday . . . I wasn't sick, I was hungover.  =) 

With all the sick people and then my Mom in town, I completely stopped doing Insanity.  I did Thursday and Friday's workout, but then stopped Saturday.

Oh, I forgot, I also did the Run for Your Mum 5k on Saturday morning.   I looked up my times for my last 5k (the Runs for Cookies virtual 5k) and realized that my PR for a 5k was 25:51, so I decided I really wanted to try to PR for this race.  That would mean I'd have to run an 8 min/mile for the 3.1 miles.  I don't think I've ever run that fast for that long.  This race was very small and there was no chip time, but I have my app on my phone, so I'd know.  I found some girls that were going at a speed a little faster than I was comfortable with and I followed them.  I tell you, it was hard to keep up with them, however I did.  At mile 1 my app said that my split pace was 7:42, that's fast for me, so I backed off them a little, but kept them in my sights.  I ended up with a overall pace of 7:52 min/mile.  =)  My "official" time was 24:11, I heard the guy tell me as I crossed the finish line.  That is pretty awesome.  =)  I don't know if I'll ever be able to do under 20 min 5K, but I was super happy with my 24:11 time. 

Well, yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday and since it's short again this week, I'll do it.  =) 

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

1. Do you use coupons?  No, I should, but I'm too lazy to look for them.

2. How often do you weigh yourself?  Every morning, however, I only count Friday mornings and I don't obsess about the weight I see throughout the week, I just like to see the patterns and know if I need to be better or do something different.

3. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?  I don't know.

4. How often do you drink alcohol?  I usually have a glass of wine every evening.

5. Have you ever met a celebrity or public figure that you really admire? nope…

6. If you had to choose between only your cell phone or only your laptop all week which would you choose?  My phone, it pretty much does most things my laptop does anyway.

7. What is your favorite brand of detergent? Tide

8. If there was a movie about your life, who would play the role?  I've answered this before, I would go with Emma Stone because Chris really likes her.  =)

9. What book are you currently reading?  The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot

10. If you could spend one day on vacation anywhere in the world, which place would you choose? Only one day?? Somewhere warm with sandy, beautiful beaches.  =)

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment