Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bloomsday and FMM

47,000 people.  That is how many I heard did Bloomsday this year.  And I heard that was a lower number than years past.  A couple years ago 63,000 people did it.  My sister and I were in the Lilac group, which means we were way at the back, only one other group was behind us, the strollers and assisted wheelchairs.  =) 
 We were told that the weather can be cool in the morning so wear a sweatshirt or something that you don't care about and you can toss it to the side when you get warm, they will donate all the clothes to charity.  (It was not cool Sunday morning, it was very warm.) I guess this started because people started throwing sweatshirts and stuff on the trees along the road to the start line.  We thought it was a pretty cool sight.  The picture below we were moving, but you can't even see the start line yet.
 We got there early because we didn't know what was going on or anything.  We sat on the curb for about an hour before the race even started.  The race started at 9am but we didn't start slowly moving until maybe a half hour later, and my sister and I didn't even get to the starting line until about 10am. 
 The picture below is at the half way point. We were feeling pretty good, we didn't stop at all while we took pictures and I think they are not too blurry.  =)
 This is looking at part of Doomsday Hill.  It goes all the way to the top.  It is about 0.75 miles but it wasn't as steep as I expected.  There were lots of characters on the Hill. I can't even remember what they all were other than the vulture which I guess everyone knows about. (People dressed in costumes encouraging everyone up the hill.) They had mats at the bottom and the top of the hill to time how fast you do it. We did it in just over 7 min. :-)  
 
This is the finish line (obviously).  =)
 And us afterwards.  =)

Yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday and I haven't done it for a couple weeks so I want to do it today.  I tried to keep the above short so it wouldn't be so long this time.  =)  I may go into more detail about my weekend and share some other pictures later.  =)


wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

A Little About Me
 
1. Have you ever experienced love at first sight?  No.  I think you can have lust at first sight, but in my opinion love is knowing someone and loving everything about them, not just what you see and assume about them.  (which is all you can have if it's the first time you've seen or met them.)

2. What channel is your TV on most?  I would say it depends.  I watch a lot of the stupid shows on Bravo,  Maddox loves Sesame Street on PBS, as a family we watch a lot of shows on CBS, NBC and A&E, and Chris and I watch a couple shows on HBO.  (We watch too much TV.)

3. Share one quality that you’re proud to have.   Patience

4. Describe your idea of a great evening.    Again it depends on the night.  I love Chris and my date night, and I love quiet nights at home, but I also like going out with my family and bbqing.  It depends.

5. If your friends were asked to describe you in three words, which words would they choose? I really don't know. 

6. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

7. If you could change one thing that would make your life easier instantly, what would it be? I would make more money, and so would Chris.  We don't have to be rich, just have a cushion.

8. What is one healthy food that you crave? Apples I think. 

9. Do you wear socks when you sleep? No. I can't stand socks on my feet at night.  It keeps me up and/or wakes me up. 

10. Share at least three things for which you are thankful. My family, my safety (my aunt's house caught on fire Monday morning and if it hadn't been caught early I would have been trapped in the basement with Maddox), and beautiful sunny days.  =)

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment