Friday, February 15, 2013

Sun!

Today is a beautiful (yet cold-ish) day.  Sunny and nice out.  Perfect weather for a run outside.  I can't wait to get off of work.  =)  My babysitter said she would stay for a little bit so I could go run, so I am super excited now.  =)  I can't wait for 1pm.

I ended up not running yesterday.  I could have gone when I got home, but Chris was making pizza dough and I would have felt guilty leaving him to do that when we were supposed to be making dinner together.  So instead I asked if he wanted to go for a walk.  We went for about a 2 mile walk with Maddox in the jogging stroller.  It wasn't for exercise, just for time together and that was really nice.  =)  We finished the pizza when we got home and then watched Taken 2.  The movie was eh, but the pizza was really good.  We make really good homemade pizza, it's just a pain in the butt to make the dough so we don't do it very often.  Although, last night it seemed to go a lot easier, so maybe we've figured it out. =)

I have started going for walks at work.  We get two 15 min breaks everyday, and I usually spend them on here, but I decided I wanted to start being more active.  So the last couple of days I've been going for one walk a day.  I think I'm going to start doing 2 walks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  That will make me happy.  =) 

I work pretty close to the Skagit river, but it still takes me about 5 min to get there, so I only have a little over 2 min to walk along the river before I have to head back to the office.  But at least I can walk to the river.  It's pretty.  =)
Can you see why I like to run along the river? =)
Last fall we started playing tennis as a family once a week.  I'm really excited for the weather to warm up a little more so we can start doing that again.  =)  I played tennis when I was younger and really enjoyed it, so I'm glad that Chris and D also like it.  (Maddox likes all sports, I can put some sporting event on the TV and he'll sit and watch it for at least 15 min - that's a long time in toddler time.)  =)
Damian hurt his foot the other day, his little toe is swollen a little and red.  He doesn't remember doing it, but he can barely put any weight on it.  Actually, he can't put any weight on it at all.  I barely brushed the area yesterday evening and he was in pain.  I'm actually very worried about it because in less than two weeks we're going to Disneyland and that is a lot of walking.  Not to mention that he has a gymnastics meet tomorrow and again next Saturday, so I just don't know what we're going to do.  =/  I'm thinking a trip to the dr is going to happen if he's not better by Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). 

1 comment:

  1. The weather is wonderful down here, too! I think I may stick the kids outside to burn off some energy after they wake up and have their snack!

    ReplyDelete