Thursday, February 7, 2013

Liebster Award!

Chris at Wisdom, Courage, Power nominated me for an award. =) 
award-winner

Here’s how it works-
The rules:
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
No tag backs!


And now, my things for the award:

11 Random Facts

  1.  I am a terrible dog owner.  Dogs are too needy, why can't they be more like cats?  =)
  2. If my work calendar is all one color, I can't read it.  I have to highlight all my appts (in different colors) or it doesn't make sense to me.
  3. My husband and I were separated and actually divorced for 6 years . . . and we haven't remarried.  We consider ourselves married though, and call each other husband and wife.
  4. I love Betty Boop.  And the reason I love Betty Boop, is because I liked her when I was little, but my mom called her "trashy" so that automatically made me a fan for life.  =)
  5. The name I chose for my blog "Living the Dream" comes from Chris.  He says it all the time when people ask him how he is.  The "Convoluted and Crazy Dream" comes from me . . . while I love my life, I don't feel like it's my "dream" life.  =)
  6. I was a cheerleader in highschool.
  7. I have never smoked anything in my life.
  8. I didn't drink any type of alcohol until I was 24.
  9. I now love wine.  =)
  10. I obsess about what it would be like to be someone else.  I don't know how to say it, but I think often about "why am I me?" and "what if I were someone else?"  I don't feel like I want to be different, I just think about it.  And I remember being much worse when I was in grade school.  It's very weird and very hard to explain.
  11. My 6th grade teacher was the person to start my love affair with running.

Chris's questions for his nominees:

  1. What are you passionate about?  I love working with kids.  I do not currently work with them, but that is the entire reason I went into social work.  I love kids.  I miss working with them.
  2. What motivates you to get things done? Funny . . . I have very little motivation.  Deadlines at work help me to get my work done.  Putting my running clothes on helps me to go run.  Damian saying Mom, shouldn't you go run? Chris about to come home and realizing I haven't done anything at all, all day.  =)
  3. What stops you from achieving your goals? Myself, I get distracted.  I get interested in a TV show, or a good book.  I waste time doing stupid stuff, such as watching TV.
  4. Batman or Superman (Human physical and mental greatness or Alien god-like powers)? Superman, I want to fly.  =)
  5. Do you have pets? Yes, I have a cat, Pandora, and a dog, Gizmo . . . don't tell Gizmo, but I'm more of a cat person than a dog person.
  6. If you could travel anywhere for relaxation or excitement where and what would it be? Seriously, I really want to go somewhere warm, with a beach and beautiful warm water.  I have wanted this for a very long time.
  7. What is your favorite movie and why? I love movies.  I don't know if I can pick just one.  There are the old 60's Disney movies (Flubber, Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Gnome Mobile, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Snowball Express, I could go on and on), and there are the old Christmas movies (White Christmas, Miracle On 34th Street, Holiday Inn, on and on), then there is Audrey Hepburn . . . pretty much any of her movies, 80's movies (Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Dirty Dancing, Can't Buy Me Love, The Princess Bride, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, on and on) and of course random favorites (Ever After, Bridget Jones' Diary, Adventures in Babysitting, Shawshank Redemption, Nothing to Lose, Pirates of the Caribbean, on and on).  How do you pick from such an awesome selection of movies???  I don't think I can.
  8. 10 points if you can name all these movies.
    *hint They are listed above.* =)
  9. Would you use a time machine to alter your past? Knowing that any changes made could completely change your life/knowledge/personality now? This is a very interesting question.  There was a time in my life where I would have said yes.  In fact, you know all those surveys that were so popular via email several years ago (before Facebook), they always asked what super power you wanted, and I always said time travel.  Looking at my life now, I would have to say, no, I would not want to go back and change anything.  There are definitely things I regret and wish I had done differently, however, I love my life now.  I love where I am.  And if I changed anything, any decision, any action, anything, I would not be where I am now.  Of course, I may be happy in this fictional other life, but knowing that I turned out okay, that is enough for me.  I am happy, happier than I think I ever have been.
  10. What’s your all time favorite band?  I know that music is important to a lot of people.  However, it really isn't to me.  I like music, I listen to it, but I don't have a favorite band.  I used to love Lonestar, but they're long gone.  I like Zac Brown Band.  But when you say "all time favorite" I feel like it means something huge, and I don't have one of those. 
  11. What makes a good friend? Someone who genuinely cares about the other person.  (If you care about someone, everything else will fall into place.) 
  12. Why do you blog? It keeps me motivated to stay active.  If I don't blog, Chris would be forced to listen to all my thoughts about running.  If I didn't run, I'd have nothing to talk about.  =) 

My questions for the people I nominate

  1. Are you a cat or a dog person?
  2. What is your favorite workout?
  3. What do you do for "me" time?
  4. If you won the lottery (the really big one) who would be the first person you told?  And why?
  5. What is the strangest thing you can think about yourself? (What do you do, what do you own, etc)
  6. If you could go back in time and change anything, would you? What would you change?
  7. What is your greatest accomplishment?
  8. What was your favorite toy as a child?
  9. Are you close with your family?  Why or why not?
  10. Empty your purse . . . what is in it?
  11. How did you start blogging? 

My Award Nominees

  1. 80 to Shrink
  2. Believing in Myself!
  3. Body Works: A Weight Loss Blog
  4. Does This Scale Make me Look Fat?
  5. Drawn To Scale
  6. Eating Away Ernie
  7. Fat Girl Finding Fit
  8. Frickin' Fabulous at 40
  9. My Crazy Life
  10. Poonapalooza
  11. Running with the Runner Girl

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cathy! I'll work on my answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the answers! Especially the time travel one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cathy! I have been nominated twice before and both times I was unable to actually receive the award. Although it's not in the description on your blog, the award is only for bloggers with under 200 followers. I won't be participating, but you can see my answers for a previous post I did for one here...
    http://poonapalooza.blogspot.ca/2012/07/purple-liebster-reptiles-learning-to.html

    ReplyDelete