Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My love affair has ended . . .

. . . with the treadmill.  I feel like it served it's purpose.  I wish I had it earlier in the winter, but now it's staying lighter later and I really want to start running outside again.  I was going to do that last night, but work ran late and I didn't get home till almost 5 (I'm usually off by 4) and it was already getting dark so I decided to just use the treadmill.  I was definitely longing to be outside.  It was light enough when I got home that I was comfortable, but I knew I wouldn't be comfortable for the whole run.  I almost hopped off the treadmill at mile 2 and just do 3 miles outside, but I ended up getting into my audiobook (Mockingjay) and stayed on, only doing 4 miles instead of 5.

I am glad that the glow of the treadmill has faded.  I was worried that I would continue to love it even after it started getting lighter and I wouldn't run outside very much anymore.  But I definitely am missing my outside runs, especially since it's warmer (40*) and sunnier.  =)

I forgot to mention that my workout buddy, April, broke her foot falling down some stairs at work.  I haven't heard from her since Friday evening.  I feel badly for her.  She was really loving the running/wogging, and now she can't do much of anything.  I noticed when she would challenge me that I was doing more.  Now that I haven't heard from her in several days, and even not much last week, I have slacked off from the kettle bell and the situps.  I know I should be doing them, but running is so much easier.  I just don't want to take the time.
                                                       

Have you seen this chicken?
 Let me tell you this.  I love this chicken.  I like dark meat, always have (probably because my mom overcooks everything and her white meat is so dry it could light a fire).  However, this chicken, if it's cold and is about a day old, I will eat the white meat as well.  I love it.  I especially love the crispy skin (you know the most unhealthy part of a chicken). We don't have it often, but we have it maybe twice a month.  It's easy.  This is my junk food.  I can never eat just one piece.  I will eat one piece and tell myself I'm done, however an hour later, I'm in the kitchen picking at it again, in fact, I will often just take another piece, sometimes eating 3 in one night.

Check this out . . .

That is 250 calories for 3 ounces of chicken, and since I don't have a scale, I don't know exactly how much of one piece that is.  I always hope that it is one of the medium pieces, but it is probably one of the smaller pieces. 

Last night was a mini-win for me.  Damian made this chicken, and I ate one piece.  I felt like eating another.  Both Damian and Chris didn't finish theirs and offered me their leftovers, and I turned down both of them.  I picked at it once, and then stuck some gum in my mouth.  Chewing on gum always helps me.

I will often go home the day after this is made and have it for leftovers and since I ate 2 or 3 pieces the night before there will only be 2 or 3 pieces left and I will eat 2 for lunch.  Today, I went home for lunch.  I told myself that I was going to have one piece of the leftover chicken and an apple and then chew on gum.  That is exactly what I did.  

It is not healthy, it is not good for me, and to a lot of people, it is probably really gross chicken, however, I LOVE it.  And last night and today I beat it . . . although, there are still 3 pieces left sitting at home, so now I just need to avoid the temptation to eat anymore today.  Limit myself to one a day.  =)  How silly that sounds, but so true.

All chicken is NOT created equal. 

*16 days till Disneyland!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say....I hate the treadmill. If I *need* to, I can walk on it IF I have something good to watch or listen to. But I MUCH prefer being outside!

    ReplyDelete