Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mud runs and Cirque du Soleil

After running 7 miles on Saturday I was pretty pleased with myself.  Then a friend posted on Facebook that she ran 16 miles on her treadmill.  16 miles!  And on a treadmill, unbelievable!  THEN I read Kristin's blog, and she ran 16.5 miles on Saturday . . . and then ran another 10 on Sunday.  My 7 and 4 mile runs seem so . . . small. 

The thing is, I'm not sure that I want to run that far.  My friend on FB is training for her first marathon, and Kristin . . . well, she's just crazy, she runs 50K for fun  =)  She ran 15 half marathon's last year, a handful of marathons, and a couple other really crazy high mileage races.  I'm very impressed with that.  However, is that something I want to do??  I don't think so.  I have decided I definitely want to do a half marathon, and might even look up one that is sooner than the September Skagit Flats half marathon.  Maybe I'll do more than one this year. =)

I totally started this yesterday (I swear) but my day got really busy and I didn't finish it.  After work we got our taxes done and then went home and spent some time with Maddox and Damian, who I hadn't seen all day.  Then at 8:30 (after Maddox went to bed) I ran 4.5 miles.  I was tired by then so watched some Storage Wars Texas with Chris and fell asleep. 
Maddox, with his mouth full of banana =)
I did get on Facebook a little, and a friend of mine mentioned that she signed up for Survivor Mud Run.  Chris and I and a couple friends talked last year about doing a mud run this year, so I looked some up.  There's the SMR, The Dirty Dash, and a Warrior Dash.  All in June.  =)  So . . . I'm going to do one of these.  It'd be fun to do the SMR in Seattle with the friend that already signed up, but my other friends are wanting to do the Dirty Dash, so that one will probably be what we do.  =)  I need to train for that . . . I can run, but I think the mud and the obstacles will kill me.  The best part is . . .  I'll get a medal!  =)

I had planned on doing zumba last night, but then Chris reminded me we had an appt at H & R Block for our taxes during zumba time.  Then I decided to just have yesterday as my rest day, but then Chris reminded me that we are going to Cirque du Soleil tonight.  So I decided to run.  =) 

Speaking of Cirque du Soleil, I'm super excited about it.  =)  The tickets were a present from me to Chris for Christmas.  My sister has been to 2 of them and she said they are really fabulous. =)  The problem is that it doesn't start till 8pm and is a 2 1/2 hour show, and at least an hour away from home.  It's going to be a long night . . . and I work tomorrow.
                                                  

This may sound super silly, but I get so excited when I get a new follower.  =)  I can't believe someone else is interested in my random ramblings.  Well, this morning I noticed I had a new follower, so I checked him out.  And guess what, not only did he follow me, but he nominated me for the Liebster Award.  =)  You can check him out over at Wisdom, Courage, Power.

However, I want to take my time in answering the questions, and since I had already started this post, I think I will wait on answering them until my next post.

*21 days till Disneyland!!

5 comments:

  1. Mud runs totally intrigue me. I have heard that some can be really intense...so i want to be able to at least run before i attempt one!

    Kudos to you for actually running when you realized your original plan for the rest day would not work! That is inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy just to be able to walk 7 miles Cathy! So I think you're run was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mud runs and obstacle races are awesome! Way, WAY more fun than a regular running race. I have done four in all now. One local one called the Mudnewton, The Warrior Dash and Run For Your Lives. So Great!

    Warrior dash http://wisdomcouragepower.blogspot.ca/2012/07/warrior-dash-2012.html

    Run for your Lives (Zombie run) http://wisdomcouragepower.blogspot.ca/2012/09/zombies-cannot-stop-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to do a Run for you Lives run as well. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for one of those around here. =)

      Delete
  4. I agree that running long distances is not to the liking of everyone! And it really dampens your ability to run shorter distances fast. (At least mine.) I am so impressed with the pace of your runs. If you are looking for a local half marathon earlier in the summer, I recommend the Anacortes Art Dash on July 27. It's a nice course (more scenic than Skagit Flats), and pretty flat except for one BIG hill (which you get to run down after you run up it). (Bellingham Bay is also fantastic, though hillier, and it's later in September than Skagit Flats.)

    ReplyDelete