Thursday, February 21, 2013

A good a** day

If Monday was the longest, hardest 4 miles I've ever done, today was the easiest.  I have never had such an easy run.  It was wet and windy and cold here, so I decided to run on the treadmill after work.  I was thinking/planning on doing 5 miles (and really wish I had) but Chris was cooking dinner and it was almost ready, so I was trying to make it as quick as possible . . . plus, I wanted to do a kettlebell workout.  About half a mile in, I pushed the incline up to 1.5 and really should have put it at 2 or higher. 

After my run I barely felt winded.  I was sweaty, but not horribly.  I seriously should have gone another mile.  Oh well, I can't regret it, I had my reason and I will stand by that reason.  Anyway, the kettlebell workout was good.  My arms a little sore tonight, which I am happy about.  I seriously need to build up my upper body strength for the mud run I'm doing this summer.

I think the difference in my runs was completely in my eating.  Monday I ate crap all day.  Since Tuesday I've been eating very well.  I am stuck at 158 and I am completely tired of it, yet I keep eating junk, or too much.  I don't really eat junk, I just eat too much most of the time.  And I know that is why the scale won't go down. 
                                                                 

This next Tuesday is my "runiversary." Because we are going to Disneyland on Wednesday, I decided I didn't want to run my 12K (a kilometer for every month, which equals 7.45 miles) the day before we leave. I don't want to hobble into the airport, or have to sit and be sore on the plane the whole way. So I'm going to run 12K on Sunday. It will be the farthest I've run so far. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope the weather isn't too windy. I don't mind rain and cold, but the wind really kills me.

I don't know how much I'll be able to post while I am in California.  I'm not going to take my computer, but I will have my Kindle Fire.  I don't know if the hotel will have free wifi or not, so I may not even be able to read all the blogs I follow.  I'm trying to catch up on them before I leave, but I have been really far behind for a while now. 
                                                                        

This is going to get a little inappropriate, so stop now if you want.  =)

Have you ever had a good body part day?  I have started walking at work, yesterday I walked once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  I walked down to the river, which is where I am walking every day.  Anyway, as I walk I walk past several stores and I look in their windows.  Well, when you look in windows, you can't help but look at your own reflection sometimes.  I noticed that my butt looks really good.

I don't think that I am vain, but I couldn't quit looking at it.  I know the rest of my body is not up to par.  My stomach is too flabby.  I have love handles.  My boobs are too small (they shrunk a lot).  My thighs are "thick" (although that seriously is genetics, I will never have small thighs).  Did I mention that my stomach is too flabby? 

However, all of those flaws aside, I have one nice butt.  I even took a picture of it and sent it to Chris.  (Yes, he laughed at me, he sees it everyday.)

Have you ever noticed a body part that was outstanding, even if the rest of you was not?

1 comment:

  1. I like my legs...my legs are well defined and muscular. :-) Maybe I'll have to post a picture of my legs. LOL

    Have fun in CA!!!!

    ReplyDelete