Monday, June 10, 2013

FMM ~ How do you celebrate

I decided to do Friend Makin' Monday on a separate post this week.  My other Monday post was long, so this way it's not super long.  =)

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


How Do You Celebrate?
 
1. When is your birthday?  Oct. 6th

2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet?  I like to get gifts and have a cake.  I've onl had two parties my entire life, one when I was in 2nd grade and one on my 30th birthday that I organized myself.

3. Have you ever had a surprise party? Nope, but it would be fun.

4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well?  I'm a Libra. I don't do much astrology, but there are characteristics I've heard of Libras that sound like me and some that really don't. This definition is about half true: "Librans are patient, balanced, sociable (not me), gregarious (not me), loving, affectionate, energetic and cheerful. Librans are very polite by nature. They are very good at solving fights in amicable way. They are good natured and enjoy good company. They always make friends wherever they go (really not me). Librans hate taking orders. At this moment they can be the worst people on earth. Librans are extremely intelligent (haha! not me) but on the other side they can be susceptible and naive. Librans love to talk (depends on who I'm talking to) and are very patient listeners. Librans are lovable, amiable and courteous. Librans are very lazy (totally me!) but at times they can work for continuous hours, for days and months. Librans are very emotional. At other instant they are very cheerful. Librans are good at arguments (not so much) and often end up in the middle of it." You can find this info here

I also like this list: 

Traits of a Libra….

  • Desires popularity (nope)
  • Loves art (eh)
  • Neat (Haha! not particularly, although I like things to be neat)
  • Dresses up for the occasion
  • Slight perfectionist
  • Narcissism (I don't think so)
  • Charitable
  • Bossy at times
  • Plans ahead (not very well)
  • Attention to detail
  • Loves public service

Likes…

  • Beauty
  • Gifts
  • Debates (not at all)
  • Attention
  • Intellectual conversations
  • Admiration
  • Credit cards (who doesn't??)
  • Mingling (no)
  • Subtle colours, textures

Dislikes…

  • Noise                                                 /
  • Confusion                                        /
  • Sloppiness                                      /   
  • Ugliness                                        /_______All true  =)
  • Dirt                                                \   
  • Pressured decisions                         \
  • Being rushed                                     \       
  • Criticism                                             \     
Sorry, that's a very long answer to a short question that I know next to nothing about.  =)

5. Do you tell the truth about your age? Yes, I don't know why people lie, my sister says she's 29 (she's 42) and I don't understand.  Be proud of your age!  Although, I am starting to really hate mine . . . 36 is getting too old.  =(

6. Share your best birthday memory. I don't know if it's my "best" one, but when I was little we never had parties, my Grandma would come over and if any of my aunts or uncles were around (we lived on a farm 2 miles from where my Dad grew up and where my Grandma still lived) they would come as well.  Anyway, you know how you always save the best looking present for last?  Well, that's what I did, but when I opened it, it was just an empty box.  I guess my aunts had helped my Grandma wrap presents, and they got so into it, they just wrapped an extra box my Grandma had out.  It was very disappointing at the time, but makes a funny story now.  =)

7. Share a few item that could be on your birthday wishlist.  I would really, really love some sort of sports massage.  And jewelry is always welcome.  My most favorite gifts have always come from Damian (Maddox is too young) and are the ones that he picks out himself.  (For Mother's Day he got me an electric wine opener, I know it's kinda cheesy, but it makes me feel even more elegant to open my wine with an electric wine opener.) =) 

8. What is your favorite kind of cake?  Homemade.  I don't care what it looks like or how it tastes (well, hopefully it's good) but if you took time to make one, rather than go buy it, it is my favorite.  =)

9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? With my family.

10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles?  Isn't that the point?

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your astrology answer, I need to look up mine and see how fitting it is. Totally agree on the homemade cake with a big glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete