Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween

I've quite bad about writing here lately.  I don't exactly know why.  I only posted once last week, which I don't think I've ever done except when I was on vacation. 
This was the neatest leaf I saw on the ground while dropping Maddox off at daycare last week.  I thought it was so awesome I had to take a picture of it.  =)

Anyway, last week we had Halloween.  Maddox is only two so we just took him around the block to trick or treat.  My Mom had gotten us a costume for us, otherwise we probably wouldn't even have done that.  Damian stayed home and answered the door, however, we had very few trick or treaters this year.  We live on a very busy street, so never have many, but I think this year was the lowest number.
He wasn't too sure at first and was kinda grumpy.  Afterwards,
(bottom right) he found his costume and put it back on
and wouldn't take it off.
A couple years ago we started the tradition of letting Damian watch a scary movie on Halloween night.  We let him watch something we normally would say no to (which wasn't really my idea) but it has stuck.  This year we watched The Conjuring.  Yeah . . . that was a freaky movie.  It always ends up being a late night because D and I always have to stay up and watch something less scary so we can go to sleep and this year was one of the worst.  (I think the worst was the first Paranormal Activity movie.)

Because of Halloween, I didn't make it to my cycle/strength class on Thursday.  I was pretty bummed about that because I like that class a lot and it's going to end in a few weeks.  I decided I would run on Saturday though to make up for missing my class.

However, on Saturday I got sick, like really sick.  I think it had to be something I ate.  My stomach got progressively worse all day until I had to rush to the bathroom and I still missed the toilet (yes, TMI)(stupid child gate and doorknob child safety things).  I ended up not working out at all.  I felt better on Sunday, but was still feeling queasy, so didn't run. 

My foot is feeling so much better.  It still aches sometimes, but not nearly as often or as much as it used to.  Even the day after my runs it still doesn't hurt much.  In fact, not at all last week.  This morning it was a little achey.  I have gotten a little lazy with rolling it at night.  I don't always think of it when it doesn't hurt.  Last night I rolled it really well, and it popped several joints in my foot.  I love it when it pops, I don't know what it is, but it always feels better after it pops.  I don't exactly know where it pops, but it's a lot like cracking your knuckles, but just in the arch of my foot.  It feels fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, as long as you are alive and ok, missing a few posts isn't a bad thing. Although the sick thing...you could have skipped that part!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete