Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 6

The female native has gotten restless.  It is obvious that the lack of running has really hampered her mood and made her hard to be around.  The males in the tribe circle her carefully.  The adult male often offers her a glass of wine but she resolutely turns it down.  The lack of wine may also be a factor in her mood swings.  However, she often stares at her foot and smiles, so this may be some comfort to her and she may be calmed down a little by just the sight of her new markings. 

haha!

Actually I am doing very well without running.  I miss it on cold, sunny days like yesterday and today, but it really helps to have a set ending time.  When my plantar faciitis prevented me from running I didn't know how long it would be before I could start running again, so I was in a foul mood pretty much from the beginning and it never really got better. 

I didn't ever start Insanity.  I was just lazy.  I am doing my planks, yesterday was a rest day but today is 3 min again.  I was just looking at the chart and on Saturday I add 15 sec.  That is going to be hard!!  After calculating it out, by the end of the month I will be up to 4 min.  Wow!  I may continue with this after November is over.  But without the chart and having people doing it with me, it may get put aside, but I am pretty proud of my 3 mins right now.  =)  (I have several friends on FB that are doing the planksgiving challenge with me and I post every day my times, it has sparked some good conversations.)

So my eating is going very good.  Every once in awhile I'll take a bite of Maddox's food without thinking about it (Tuesday I had eaten 3 bites of his top ramen {that kid loves noodles and he is so picky that we give him what he will eat, don't judge} before I had realized I wasn't supposed to be eating that.)  Chris cooked a chicken dish on Tuesday (he's been very supportive) but he made baked potatoes for everyone else.  I was feeling left out, so I decided it was time to try mashed cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes because I've heard lots of people say it's good.  Uh, yeah.  I think I got down 4 or 5 bites and then almost threw up.  I did not find it good at all!  And I like cooked cauliflower, so I was surprised.  I even added some butter (I know, I know), but yuck!  I did not like it at all.  I wished I had skipped the mashed part and just eaten the cooked cauliflower (with the butter).  I don't know what the difference was.  It's just cooked cauliflower mashed up, but it wasn't the texture I didn't like, it was the taste.  Weird, huh?

You know, it actually hasn't been that hard this time around.  I think it's the mind set.  I went into it this time thinking I would allow some cheats (coffee and creamer is the big one).  I have allowed some ranch with my salads and broccoli and cauliflower (I can eat cauliflower plain, but not broccoli) and like I mentioned above, some butter (actually margarine, which is worse) and some wine.  Okay, okay, I've gone a little over what I was going to allow on my wine intake.  Tuesday I had 2 glasses of white, and last night I had 3 glasses of red (I was trying to finish the bottle because I opened it on Saturday and didn't realize how much was left). 

However, even with these "extras" and no running, I am down 3.5 lbs from my Saturday weight.  It's still only 148.8, but it was 152.3 on Saturday (or Sunday, I can't remember). 

I was thinking about this earlier today, and even though Chris (and now Damian) is a big potato eater, I never have been.  While Chris and I were separated, I never made potatoes, and if I did it was the boxed mashed potatoes (yuck! although I did like them back then).  The only reason I eat them now is because Chris insists on having a starch with every meal.  I do love mashed potatoes, so we seem to have those more than baked, but I'm thinking I may just go back to my old ways (not boxed) and only have them once in awhile.  I think Chris will eat a lot more baked potatoes (his favorite).  The biggest adjustment is getting rid of bread, but I have been slowly cutting back on my bread for awhile now.  Oh, and those handfuls of candy that I get from the office candy lady. 

Today I'm taking the day off of the no carb/starch thing.  We are doing a small Thanksgiving dinner with some friends, so I'm going to eat some mashed potatoes and stuffing.  Oh, and I will drink some wine, and have a margarita. (I found this AWESOME harvest margarita a few years ago and Thanksgiving is the only time I make it.)  I'm okay with this, I will be good the rest of the week and weekend.  =) 

Sunday or Monday I get to run! I think Monday is my actual 10th day, but I'm going to see how my foot looks and feels on Sunday and go then if I can.  =)  It's definitely healing, it itches soooo badly.  Hopefully it'll heal quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment