Friday, November 15, 2013

Yearly mileage

Today I am getting a tattoo on my foot.  I am nervous and a little excited at the same time.  But mostly just dreading the pain of it.  Because of where I am getting the tattoo, I won't be able to wear any shoes or socks on the top of my foot, which means no running shoes, which means no running . . . for 10 days.  I am not happy about this at all, but I've wanted this tattoo for awhile, so I'm going to do it. 

Anyway, I was going to run yesterday and today because I won't be able to run for so long, but I totally got lazy yesterday.  Damian had parent/teacher conferences at school.  I don't know if you've ever been to the new type of parent/teacher conference, I guess it started when he went to jr. high, but the teachers are all in the gym or cafeteria and you have to wander around and find each teacher and talk to them for no more than 10 min.  The poor teachers are there from 2pm-8pm, with an hour break for dinner.  We got there about 4 and the dinner break was at 5. 

We were sitting at D's second to last teacher and they called out that there was 10 min before they were going to take their hour break, we only had one teacher left and I DID NOT want to wait or come back.  But the teacher we were talking to kept talking forever, it was very hard to just sit there and talk to her.  She was an important person to talk to though because Damian was having some issues with reading in her class (science class and Damian doesn't read well, you can read about it here).  We wanted to let her know about his IEP and struggles with reading (D doesn't have to stand up in class and read {which was the issue he told me about the other day} and he gets extra time on homework and tests).  It always bothers me when teachers don't know about his IEP, I understand that they have a lot of students, but maybe they should just glance through them all and see which students may need extra help or support (the teacher isn't required to do the help, they can have someone else come in).  Anyway, she kept talking and talking, finally we got out of there and practically ran to the last teacher who was still sitting there. 

He was great, he said he had seen D earlier and was kinda waiting for him.  His class was some sort of computer tech stuff, and he said D is very good, and often is bored in the class because he's so good at the stuff.  He told D that they were going to be learning how to make websites, and that would be really good for Damian.  I was glad that the last teacher we talked to had only good things to say, although, all the teachers had good things to say, he just has problems in some of his classes with the reading stuff.  (And even though he has problems reading in science, he still has an A.)

Anyway, because of the conferences I was going to have to run on the treadmill (which I hate now) but I just decided not to.  I've upped my mileage a little this week and just decided that running today would be okay.  I will probably regret that this weekend when I can't run, but it's too late now.  Wednesday I ran 4 miles on the treadmill, that puts me at 13 miles for this week so far (how sad is it that just a few short months ago I ran 13 miles all at once) and another 4 or 5 today, which is the farthest I've ran in a week since early Sept.  Of course, then next week my mileage will be 0.  *sigh*

My goal of 1200 miles for this year is completely shot.  But I can't beat myself up over it.  There is a new year coming and I think a goal of 1214 would be perfect.  It would be soooo easy for me to do it (as long as I don't get hurt!).  I have run a total of 870.7 miles so far for 2013.  With only a week left of Nov (that I will be able to run) and December, 1200 miles is not gonna happen.  I'm not even gonna make 1000 miles, but oh well.  Like I said, there's a new year coming up.  =)

I tend to have very little to say when I don't run, so next week I may have sparse posts.  I think I'm going to find the Insanity DVDs and do that again.  I haven't done them in months and I don't want to get lazy.  I will just have to do them barefoot (I hope I don't hurt myself).  =)

1 comment:

  1. You may not be running, but you do need to post a pic of your new tattoo!!!

    My brother rides a bike regularly, he hit 4500 miles (since April) on his bike a few weeks back. He's laughing because he has put more miles on his bike than both of their cars combined!

    ReplyDelete