Friday, January 2, 2015

Merry . . . er . . . Christmas . . . ?

When I started this blog (almost 3 years ago, wow!) I started with the lofty goal of blogging every.single.day.  That didn't happen.  I was pretty good for a short time, but not on the weekends.  Then I went to 3-4 times a week and was happy with that.  Then I lost my job and I think I was lucky to write one once a month, and now I'm about one every 2 weeks.  I would like to go back to at least 2-3 a week, but I forget.  Maybe I should put a reminder on my phone for that . . . something to think about.

Merry Christmas!  Oh wait, I'm late on that one. . .

My Christmas was nice.  We celebrated at my house Christmas morning and had friends over for dinner Christmas evening.  It was mostly a quiet day.  I didn't do even half the stuff I normally do, mostly because of my new job, and being so tired every night.  I decided that I wasn't going to stress out about it, and if people didn't get their fudge, then people didn't get their fudge and I would give it to them next year.  I didn't make any pies this year either, the first year in 5 years, I think, that I didn't make pies.  I enjoy the baking, and the fudge making, but I just didn't have the time this year, and I decided that was okay.  In fact, I bought (*gasp) cookie dough instead of making it.  I didn't roll it out either, it was just boring circles.  I had some left over chocolate and vanilla frosting from birthdays and we slathered that on the cookies and called it good enough.  And while I missed the baking and the decorating, I also didn't.  I know, that's strange, but I feel like my new job and new house has created enough stress for me, I didn't need to add more.

The downside was that it didn't feel as Christmasy as it normally does.  But I didn't grow anymore grey hairs, so I think I'm okay with that too.
It started out so nice and calm.  I had to finally wake the kids
at 9am because they were still sleeping.



And it ended in a tornado having gone throught the living room.
And Maddox trying hard to not fall asleep while watching his new train. 
On Friday Damian, Maddox and I went to my parents' house.  Chris had to work, so he had to stay home, which was really hard for all of us.  It was a quick trip there, we came home on Sunday, I would have liked to stay a little longer, but I had to work Monday morning.
The drive there, not very good company.
My mom's tree is so pretty.

My Mom and Damian
It was a good Christmas.

I was going to try to get you all up to date, but all the pictures makes for a longer post than I intended.

My weight is holding steady right around 148.  I am running 2-3 times a week, and on Wednesday I ran 4 miles, which is the longest run I've done since September.  My feet bothered me a little bit yesterday, but feel fine today.  And they weren't that bad, so I'm not worried.

I will try to post again this week to get caught up and hopefully get back to more regular postings.

I hope you all had a safe New Year's!  Happy 2015.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment