Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy today

Today is a good day.  Today I got my first paycheck for my new job.  It's not huge, my field doesn't pay much, but it's a paycheck.

Another reason today is a good day is because I ran yesterday.  Now normally that's not a big deal.  I've been running for all of December, very short distances, and only about 2-3 times a week, but yesterday I ran outside in the dark.  Why is that significant?  Because I have never run in the dark before.  I've always been scared to.  I bought my treadmill 2 years ago this January so I wouldn't have to run in the dark.

I was planning on running on Wednesday after I got home on the treadmill, but then we decided it was time to take Maddox to see Santa, so we did that.

Then Chris and Damian decided they wanted to go out to eat, so we did that.  And we didn't get home till after 8pm and I have been in bed around 8:30pm since I started working.  I had no energy to go run, plus I don't like to run right after eating anyway.  So yesterday I was thinking on my way home that I really, REALLY didn't want to run on the treadmill.  I was thinking about skipping my run again, but I hadn't run since Sunday and since I'm running so few days and so few miles, I couldn't justify not running.  So I started thinking about just running outside.  I have a light green running jacket, and my pants have a reflective strip on them, I thought maybe it wouldn't be too horrible.  I could stick to busier roads, where there's street lights, and take my pepper spray . ..  so I got home and was getting ready.  I told Chris I was going for a run outside, and he asked if I wanted to use his headlamp that he has for his job, and I said yes.  So I had that, plus a light pink hat.  I didn't feel unsafe at any time.  I liked the headlamp a lot, I may have to get me one. I was aiming for around 3 miles and I ran closer to 3.5, but today my feet feel fine, so I'm super happy about that. My poor treadmill might not get much use now. . . and I'm happy about that. ; )

Needless to say, I woke up in a great mood today.  =)

On Sunday I ran outside in my new neighborhood for the first time.  It was only 3 miles but I felt good about it.  I am happy with the way things are going with my feet.  They are not 100%, but they are not getting worse, and I can run, even if it's a little bit.  I am scared to increase my mileage and amount of runs, so I'm not doing that yet.  Probably not till next year (which is only 2 weeks away, by the way).

Tomorrow I am getting my hair done for the first time in 4 months (I'm super happy about that).  And then we are going down to Lynnwood where there's a really nice Christmas store that we go every year to get ornaments.  That has been Damian and my thing since he was small, we get an ornament every year.  I wish I had labeled them with the years, because now I don't remember, but we enjoy it.  I also started doing it with Maddox (and I am labeling the years on his), and Chris and I always get an icicle.  We are up to 17 (we didn't start it when we got married, so we got a bunch the first year we started it, and we also included the years we weren't together, which is strange, but okay).  Chris keeps talking about getting an artificial tree just for our icicles.

And then Sunday is going to be a whirlwind of shopping because we haven't done much since I haven't had a paycheck until today.  Chris's money was going towards living.

Oh, and there were donuts at work today.  I ate one, and that makes me happy.

I am happy with the way things are right now.  We are blessed, and I am thankful.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Yay to a paycheck! What a wonderful 'christmas gift' to get pack to receiving paychecks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new job (in my fine town :). Thanks for keeping an eye out for my blog...I'm trying not to get into too much of a slump again and hoping for a big running revival in 2015! Hope you and your family had an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete