Thursday, October 24, 2013

Failed pumpkin patch, failed furnace and some funny pictures

When I got home from work yesterday I noticed that the house was rather chilly.  It had been chilly that morning as well, so I asked Chris if the thermostat had been turned down.  He said no, and I went to look at it, it hadn't been turned down but little fingers (have I mentioned that Maddox climbs EVERYTHING?) had turned it waaaaayyyyy up, 90 degrees, but obviously the furnace wasn't working.  We've had this problem before (it's a super old furnace) but it's a fairly easy fix, we just had to get the part. 

We did not get pumpkins yesterday.  It's a long story, and I won't go into it (let's just say I was very annoyed) but things came up and we didn't make it before it closed.  We got there at 5:50pm, and they said they were closing at 6, so we left.
 We were able to take 2 pictures while there, however, Maddox was NOT happy.  =)

We had stopped at the furnace place on our way to the pumpkin patch and they closed at 5:30 . . . so we struck out there as well.  Thankfully we have a heated mattress pad, Damian has an electric blanket, and we put a heater in Maddox's room.

Last night Damian was feeling rather "lovey" and came and laid with me in my bed for 15 min or so before he went to bed.  He doesn't do that very often anymore (I used to not be able to get him out of my bed) and wanted a picture.  We were laying in the dark, so the flash was going off and Damian couldn't keep his eyes open.  and then he started laughing so hard that he was just having problems.  We never did get a good picture, but I have to share what we did get anyway.  =)

I went for a 4 mile run yesterday before heading out to the pumpkin patch.  I love running in the fall.  It's so pretty.  I run on the street a lot, so I decided to run a walking path instead because there's lots of trees and pretty foliage.  Tonight is cycle/strength.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Boo to the lack of pumpkins and the furnace problems!

    Hip hip hurray to a good memory made with Damien and for the great fall run!

    ReplyDelete