- Last Wednesday I ended up going to yoga, and I liked it . . . for the most part.
- I especially enjoyed the cooldown,
5 min nap on my backcentering my breathing and staring at the ceiling.
- Thursday I went back to cycle/strength class. We worked on arms and shoulders mostly, and man could I feel it several days later.
- Friday was a rest day.
- Saturday, a friend talked me into doing deadlifts with her at her gym.
- I can deadlift 135 lbs.
- I can probably do at least 155 lbs, which is more than my body weight.
- My friend was impressed.
- I will have to increase the weight the next time I go.
- Sunday was my birthday.
- I'm getting old.
- My husband and son got me a lot of wine stuff.
Red Solo cup wine glass. =)
- Monday I did yoga and went swimming.
- Damian went swimming with me.
- I think he enjoyed it.
- Tuesday was exactly one month since I've been for a run. =(
- That evening I did cycle/strength class again.
- I really enjoy that class
- After class, I got a horrible cramp in my sides (both sides) and back. I seriously couldn't move without wimpering in pain. It was the worst pain I've ever felt.
- Oh, and I was really sick, throwing up and . . . other disgusting things.
- Yesterday I ended up doing nothing.
- My weight was 151.2
- Chris and Damian made my birthday dinner.
I don't care for writing bullet points, I prefer to elaborate, but if I had written paragraphs on all that, this would be the longest post ever.
The friend that took me deadlifting was talking about doing a "cleanse." Her "cleanse" is basically just eating really, really clean for 10-24 days. Fruits, veggies and lean meats. I was thinking it might be interesting to do something like that for a week. So I've been kicking around the idea of doing it next week. We'll see . . .
Tuesday I had a dr appt (I have very, very mild eczema but right now it's being stubborn, so I wanted something stronger than over the counter stuff) and I asked him about my foot. He told me the brace I bought was useless (I completely disagree, I couldn't find it Sunday and my foot was killing me most of the day) and that I don't HAVE to quit running (just cut back), or quit wearing high heel shoes. I find this very strange as it is completely contradictory to ALL that I've heard and read about plantar faciitis. Anyway, he told me to stretch, ice, roll, take it easy, etc. Everything that I am doing, which I knew he would say, which is why I didn't go until now. Although, he did give me a referral to a physical therapist, and said I could go or not, it was up to me. I think I'll give it another week and see. Right now it hurts about one out of three days, so that seems like an improvement. It it keeps feeling better, I may try to go for a run next week.
One last thing, I'm going to my parent's house this weekend. I don't know what (if anything) I'll be able to do for exercise since they only have a treadmill and live in the middle of nowhere (no gyms within a 30 mile radius).