Thursday, February 27, 2014


Anybody else finding themselves really busy and unable to keep up with reading all the blogs you follow?  Or even not able to post regularly because you just don't have time?  Yeah, that's me the last several weeks.  I don't know what happened in February, but I got really busy and just haven't had (made?) the time to post or keep up. 

Well, like I said on Tuesday, I will not be making 100 miles in February.  After the storm over President's Day weekend and my lack of running in Long Beach, I knew I wasn't going to make it.  I was still going to get as high as I could, but there was no way I could run the mileage I needed in the few weeks left of the month.  And then last week I ran Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  My sister and I (with Maddox) were going to eastern WA to my parent's house to get a family tattoo.  My sister, Tami, was still at my parent's house (she lives in N. Carolina) and my sister Nancy (who lives not far from me) had talked everyone into doing a tattoo together.  Even my Mom decided she wanted to join in (it was originally a sister's tattoo idea). Anyway, my Mom met a guy through her geocaching stuff that does tattoos so she set up an appt with him for Saturday.

Well, on Tuesday of last week, Maddox got sick.  He threw up a lot that night and then it turned into really nasty (like, really, really nasty) diapers.  Other people we know that have gotten the same sort of thing were only sick about 24 hours, so I didn't think anything of it.  However, on Thursday he was still really sick and then on Thursday night, I got sick.  And then about 3am Friday morning, Chris jumped out of bed and barely made it to the kitchen sick before he started throwing up.  Ugh!  Friday morning I didn't know what to do.  We had the appt for our tattoos on Saturday and Tami was going home Thursday (oh wow, that's today!).  I called my sister, I called my Mom, I called my Dad (he was going to babysit on Saturday for me).  They all said it was up to me.  I told them I didn't feel like it was up to me as I would be the one bringing the sickness with me and especially for my Dad who catches every little thing that he comes in contact with, and would have to change some gross diapers.  I started feeling better later in the morning and so I decided to just go.  I didn't want to miss the tattoos and my Dad said he was okay with it if I decided to come.

I am so glad I went.  I felt much, much better on Saturday (no issues at all) and Maddox was feeling better, just still having some diaper issues, but not as bad or as often.  We went shopping Saturday morning and then went to do our tattoos.  We were at the tattoo shop for about 4 hours (maybe longer).  The tattoos were really simple, but it was the setting up and switching people and setting up again that took the longest. 
(I have another sister, it is a really long story that is more drama than I care to share as to why she didn't get the tattoo with us.  It is sad for me to look at the pictures and not have her there, but it was her choice and there's nothing I can do about it.)
My Mom, who I have always believed thought tattoos were evil, decided to get two.  She said she's always wanted a butterfly on her shoulder, and then she decided why would she put a butterfly there when she loves whales.  So she also got a whale on her shoulder.  It is sooooo beautiful!  I love it!  (And let me tell you, my Mom has the HIGHEST pain tolerance of anyone I have ever known, she didn't even flinch . . . at all.)
So, with not feeling good on Friday morning and then the really long day on Saturday, there was no running.  We drove home on Sunday, and there was no running that day either.  I ran Monday and Tuesday and then yesterday we needed to go grocery shopping.  I will run today and tomorrow, and that will end February's running . . . somewhere around 82 miles.  Oh well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment