Monday, March 3, 2014

Bloglovin and 2 year runiversary

One of my favorite blogs lately to read just moved off of blogger.  I have had other blogs that I read that have moved and I haven't been concerned with trying to find them (it's usually easy, they give you their new address) or tried to figure out how to follow them.  I like typing in blogger.com and just going to the bottom of my news feed (that I've read) and reading up.  I don't have to go to a separate sight to read all my blogs and then come back here to write my blog.  However, I really like Gwen and didn't want to stop following her because she has abandoned blogger for the greener pastures of wordpress.  So, I decided to try out bloglovin.com.  I already had an account there, I got one when blogger quit their reader site (don't remember what it was, I never went to it)(Google reader??) because I was worried that I would have problems if I didn't sign up for another reader site.  Silly me, I didn't use Google reader, and now I don't use bloglovin.  I just go to my blogger dashboard and read my blogs.  It's worked for 2 years now, I don't see how it wouldn't continue working. 

Except Gwen switched sites on me and I like her blog, a lot.  So yesterday I spent the day trying to figure out bloglovin, so I can continue to follow her.  When I moved my stuff from Google reader to bloglovin, somehow, magically, all the blogs I followed ended up over there, however, I have added quite a few new ones and I had to find each of those and add them to bloglovin.  What a pain in the ass.

Luckily (or not so luckily) I was sick yesterday, so I spent all day on the couch.  I had plenty of time to figure it out (I didn't, I played a game).  I did manage to add (hopefully) all my blogs to bloglovin.  I do like that I can just click "next" at the top and go to the next blog on my list without having to go back to the main page.  But, I discovered this morning, that once I read them, they disappear.  I wanted to go back to look at some I read yesterday, and I don't know where they went.  I mean, I can go to each individual person's blog, but . . . what if I don't remember which blog it was on?  (I was way, way, way behind in my reading.)  And then I saw one today that I forgot to add yesterday, Kelly is hilarious, so I'm glad I realized my mistake.  Now I just have to remember to go there so that I can see Gwen's posts (she's the only one I follow that is not on blogger).

As I mentioned above, I was sick this weekend.  Just yesterday, although I can tell my stomach isn't very happy this morning (maybe the second cup of coffee was a bad idea).  Silly me decided on Saturday to not run.  I was lazy, and had run on Thursday and Friday and was planning to run on Sunday, so I thought a rest day would be okay, especially since my foot has been bothering me a little.  Then on Sunday I had one cup of coffee and spent the rest of the day in the bathroom.  It wasn't fun.  No long run (or any run) again for the 3rd weekend in a row. Ugh!

Guess what I remembered as I was typing this.  Up in the end of the first paragraph I said "It's worked for 2 years now" and realized that I completely missed my 2 year runiversary.  February 26, 2012 I started running regularly (again).  =)  I didn't even run on Feb 26th this year.  It was a rest day (last Wednesday) and we went grocery shopping. =(  Oh well, I'm going to continue to run, my 1 year runiversary was exciting for me, because I didn't stop running like I normally do.  This year, running is just part of my life.  I do it.  I don't always want to, but I always end up lacing up my shoes at some point and doing it.  Here is a post about my first "run" if you're interested.  And here is my one year runiversary post, which explains where my love of running comes from. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just saw this! Sweetie, all you need to do is copy my new url (below), and replace my old url in your blogroll. Then it will start showing my updates on your blogroll. You really flatter me, though! :)

    http://www.againstthegrain.us/

    p.s. when you get there, if you look at the navigation buttons, you will see a 'blogroll' one...I use that BLOGGER site for my blogroll. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, that sounds more complicated than figuring out bloglovin. =) I figured it out, and am keeping up with you.

      Delete