Monday, December 24, 2012

Catching up


For the first time since starting my blog, I forgot about it.  Even when I don't post, I always think about "needing" to post.  This weekend was so incredibly busy for me, it didn't even cross my mind. 

Friday Chris and I did some last min shopping, and then Saturday I had to go back to get the things we forgot.  I did start a new tradition this year (well, I've started several) but this year Damian, Maddox and I (Chris had to work) went to Walmart and bought 2 $25 gift cards.  Then we went to the toy section and wandered around people watching.  I wanted to find someone that looked like they didn't have a lot of money, and had at least one kid.  It's hard to know if someone has money or not, people don't exactly dress up to go shopping at Walmart.  Anyway, I saw one young mother with a baby, and she looked like she was having a very bad day (red eyes) so I gave her one of my gift cards.  The second one was harder.  D and I thought about giving a card to a Walmart employee.  They are often grumpy and rude, but then I would be too if I worked at Walmart, and they only get minimum wage and have horrible hours and have to deal with extremely rude Walmart customers and never get thanked.  Anyway, I didn't really know if an employee would accept a card from a shopper so I decided to find another shopper.  I gave my second card to 2 females that looked young that had 4 kids between them.  Anyway, I thought it was fun and next year I plan to do it again, maybe I'll be a bit better organized about my picking out people.  I kinda felt creepy wandering around the toy department for 20 min not even looking at the toys. =)

My dad gave me a lot of Christmas money and then Chris and I received a larger check from his grandparents.  So I used that money to buy a treadmill.  I haven't set it up yet.  It's a lot bigger than I was thinking in my head and honestly, I don't know where I'm going to put it.  We have room in our bedroom, but a friend of ours is moving in with us for a couple months (she's young, she lived with us 2 years ago for a year and she has to get out of her apt soon) and she is going to be taking over Maddox's room.  Which means Maddox will be sleeping in a playpen in our room so there's no room for the treadmill now.  =/  (I'm not really happy about it, but I'm not going to let her live on the street.)  Now I don't know where to put the treadmill.  I thought it would fit in our living room, but no way, it's way too big. . . ugh.  I now have a very expensive box behind my couch.  =(

So, Saturday after Walmart and getting the treadmill I made fudge and pies.  Then I made more fudge . . .  Yesterday I made more fudge, peanut brittle, Christmas cookies, and a cheeseball.  Then we had to decorate the cookies and wrap some presents.  We decided to watch the Seahawks game while decorating the cookies and wrap presents.  )We had to record the game because we were busy while it was actually on.)  Anyway, we started the Seahawks game late, and I started drinking early . . . so the presents didn't get wrapped.  We wrapped a couple, which I barely remember, but mostly we have all the presents to wrap tonight.  I usually try to wrap them earlier so I can put them under the tree, but with Maddox we can't do that this year.

Today I'm at work and then going home to make Christmas Eve dinner.  We have some friends coming over for dinner and presents.  Tomorrow is going to be kinda chill.  Just our family opening presents in the morning.  In the evening we're going to Chris's Mom's house to borrow her all-wheel drive SUV, so we'll probably do presents there.  (She has never invited us over, nor accepted an invite from us, for any holiday, ever, so this is very unusual.  Last year we got our Christmas presents in February when we went in for dentist appts-she works at a dentist office where we get free dental.)

Wednesday we are driving to eastern WA to spend one day with Chris's Dad, then Thursday going to my parents' house.  My sister, who lives in N. Carolina, is already there with her husband and one yr old son.  I haven't met her son at all, so I'm really excited about seeing her and her son. 

So . . . all this means this will probably be my one and only post this week.  I don't know if I will have time or the desire to get online and post anything.  And I can't post anything through the app on my phone. 

However, it is Friend Makin' Monday, so I will get on with it.  =)

fmm
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Fill in the Blanks
1. I want to...Go home, I'm over work.  =)

2.  I’ve never…been out of the country. =(

3. I believe… I can run 10 miles in 2013 (at once, not for the whole year) =)

4. My mind often wonders…If I will ever weigh less than 160 =/

5. Last night I dreamed that…I don't remember my dream last night, but I had a crazy dream on Friday night.  I died.  =(

6. This morning for breakfast I ate…two sugar cookies (very bad, I know)

7. My love life is…going well.  I'm happy

8. I enjoy…a glass of wine

9. When I was a child I used to…write a lot of short stories

10. When I’m in the kitchen I…eat
.
11. My favorite exercise is...running

12. When I travel I…pack too much!

13. My friends would tell you that I am…thoughtful, considerate, empathetic

14.  If I had to eat at a fast food restaurant today I would choose…DQ

15. My favorite…time of year is right now.  =)

16. My home is…small and in need of a lot of repairs

17. I read…many, many books. 

18. The last movie I saw was… Joyful Noise with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton, it was good.  =)

19. Music makes me feel…peaceful

20. All I want for Christmas is…to see my family, which I'm going to.

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Hope the pass is okay for your drive east. I might take a stab at your questionnaire if I have time in between cookies (eating, not baking). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work as a cashier at Wal-Mart...it's not always easy.LOL I thought that was an awesome thing that you did...giving those gift cards out!:) I wish I had thought of that myself.:)

    ReplyDelete