Tuesday, December 18, 2012

FMM ~ Twelve in '12

I was unable to go for a run yesterday, which I knew would happen.  Today I'm going to go during my lunch.  If I don't, I may not be able to go later, and then that will be 4 days of no running.  I did get out my old Just Dance 3 and did that for about 45 min, but it's not nearly as good of a workout as running or zumba class.  I barely broke a sweat (barely). 

I got some Christmas money from my Dad, and our family got some from Chris's grandparents, that I get a small portion of, so I am going to buy a treadmill.  Then, on days like yesterday, I can just jump on that and get a run in even though it's dark.  I almost went running after Damian's game.  We got home at 6:30, and I've run that late before, however, that was in the summer and it wasn't dark.  I almost went, but then psyched myself out and ended up not going.  I really wish I had a running partner that I could go with.  I would have ran yesterday if I had someone go with me.  I have pepper spray and a reflector vest and can run on busy roads, it just scares me.  Oh well, this time next year I will have a treadmill.  =) 

I can't wait for it to start getting lighter in the evenings.  Not only is Dec 21 the end of the world ; ) it's also the shortest day of the year.  So next week the days will start getting lighter.  Of course, that won't happen suddenly, but at least I'll know that in a few months I'll be able to run in the evenings again.  =)

Does it seem like there are more runners and running pictures and sayings then there used to be??  Maybe I just notice them now because I am running, but I notice it everywhere.  There was even a commercial for match.com yesterday and the lady on it said she runs marathons.  I see it everywhere . . .

Well, yesterday was Friend Makin' Monday.  The questions this time didn't really have a lot to do with me, but I thought I'd do it anyway.  So I'm sorry if my answers are so lame this time.  =)

fmm


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Twelve in 2012


1. What was your greatest personal accomplishment in 2012?  hmmmm . . . I don't know.  Running is probably the biggest accomplishment I have. 

2. What’s the best thing your did for your health?  I started running, seriously running.  I was running a little before I got pregnant in 2010, but not seriously.  This year I have really pushed myself to get better. 

3. Share one thing that caused a significant change in your life this year.  The biggest change in my life was born in 2011, but he continues to grow and grow which causes every year to be a new change.  =)

4. List a few things that you experienced for the first time at some point over the last twelve months.  
- I ran my first 5K.
- I ran my first 10K  
- I started Zumba.
- I saved enough money for my little family to be able go to Disneyland this coming Mar (I started saving last Jan or Feb)
- I started this blog

5. What was the coolest place you visited? I haven't been anywhere new this year.  I love, love going to San Juan Island and we did that (again) and we went to Seaside last Feb and I love that too.

6. If you could change one thing about the last year what would it be?  I can't think of anything. I still have not finished the blanket I started for Maddox while I was pregnant.  I should work on it . . .

7. What is the best meal you ate this year? I couldn't tell you. . .

8. Tell us about a new friend you made.  I don't really make friends very easily.  So I don't believe I made a new friend. 

9. What did you hope to accomplish this year that you did not?  Again, I can't think of anything.  Maybe talking my husband into one more kid?  =)
10. Share something you learned in 2012.  I learned that I can run 6 miles without dying.  =)  Now I just need to push it to 10 miles.

11. Share an odd and unexpected thing that you experienced this year.  I didn't have anything odd or unexpected . . . I live such a boring life. 

12. How do you think 2013 will differ from 2012?  I think it will be pretty much the same.  Maddox will continue to grow and amaze me with his feats of daring.  Damian gets bigger by the second and will continue on his sports. 
We are going to Disneyland at the end of Feb, beginning of March. 
I hope to lose some more weight, but who knows.  Even though I'm (still) at 160 the size 10 pants that I got a month or so ago that were snug, are no longer so snug, so that is good.  Maybe I'll be the skinniest 160 lb 5'4" woman out there.  =)

Now it’s your turn!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment