Wednesday, December 12, 2012

FMM ~ Christmas Questions

I started this yesterday, but my days, especially Monday and Tuesdays, are so busy that I didn't get a chance to finish it.

I have been doing my exercise streak (rather than run streak) fairly well.  I did skip Sunday.  I thought about it all day, but I really just needed a break.  I don't feel very guilty about it, I did need a rest day.  However, I know I will be disappointed in myself later if I can keep the rest of the streak going strong.  Last week I ran for 1 mile on 2 different days.  I ran as hard as I could both times.  The first time I ran across a street and had to stand and wait for the light so my app said I ran a 8:45/min mile.  The second time I really wanted to see how fast I could do one mile without stopping so I started after the light and that one was around a 7:40/min mile.   I definitely couldn't go longer than one mile at that pace, but that is pretty darn good for me.  =)  In fact, one mile felt almost impossible, but I pushed myself and got it done.  I just kept thinking "it's only 9 min, you can run fast for 9 min."  Of course, 9/min miles are what I do when I go for 4-5 mile runs, so I knew that it would actually be shorter. 

Anyway, I missed Friend Makin' Monday again but I really like them, so I will continue to do them late.  =)


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
 Christmas Questions
1. How will you celebrate the holidays this year?  I'm celebrating Christmas Eve with some friends, then my husband and kids on Christmas day.  The day after Christmas we're going to eastern WA to celebrate with my family.  My sister, who lives in N. Carolina, is going to be here with her husband and 15 month old son, who I've never met, so that will be really awesome.  It will be the first Christmas that all 4 of us sisters will be at my parents house for Christmas since Tami moved to N. Carolina 10+ years ago. 

2. What’s the weather currently like where you live? Rainy . . . and about 40*  I hope it snows soon, but we don't have a lot of snow until January or February usually.

3. Do you decorate your home for the holidays? If so, share a picture please!  Yes, I love to decorate my house.  Unfortunately, we don't have a ton of decorations, but I put up what we do have.  I don't have a picture other than the one of our elf on the shelf, Frederick.  This was his first night in our house.  =)
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie?  I love all Christmas movies.  =)  My all time favorite are the kids shows, Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty.  But I also love the old movies, Miracle on 34th Street, Holdiay Inn, White Christmas, the Bishop's Wife . . . and of course, A Christmas Story.  I've never been a huge fan of Elf, but it's okay.  =)
 
5. What is your favorite Christmas songs?  I love so many!  Baby, It’s Cold Outside, Santa Baby, What Child is This, Joy to the World (especially Faith Hill's version) . . . all of them, really.

6. Do you have an advent calendar?  I do.  I made one about 10 years ago.  It was my first ever cross stitch project.  I love it.  I never completely finished it because I didn't quite know what I wanted to do, and still don't.  But it goes up every year.  =)


The picture is, obviously, a few days old.  =)  The yellow space on the bottom, according to the directions, is supposed to say "Santa's Workshop."  However, I decided I would rather put my last name there, but I haven't done it yet.

7. Do you prefer color lights or white lights?  I think white is so elegant, but the colorful ones are my favorite.  My husband loves blue lights, so we have a lot of blue lights outside (which is his domain) but I do put a foot down to blue icicle lights.  Icicles are white . . . :-)  But we have a few colored nets outside, and our tree is colored lights.  I used to have only white lights on the tree, but I missed the colorful trees of my youth, so I changed to colored ones a few years ago.

8. What is your favorite food to eat over the holidays?  Peppermint!!!  I LOVE peppermint.  Sadly, I can't find peppermint ice cream anywhere.  I also like fudge and peanut brittle, which I make because no one I know makes it.  :-)

9. Do you display a live tree, or do you prefer fake trees?  A live tree.  I love live trees, but hate the mess.  Once I said I would never get a fake one, but I actually found myself considering it this year.  I'm not there yet, but I can see why people go with fake trees.  Besides, if we got a fake tree I wouldn't me able to do the tree farm that has become one of my favorite traditions.

10. What would you need to make your holiday perfect this year?  My family.  That's it.  I want my family to be around me and happy. =)

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment