Thursday, December 13, 2012

I need a break

I am so ready for some time off.  Christmas can't come soon enough.  However, I'm only taking 4 days off, I wish it was more, and 3 of those days (plus the weekend) is at my family's house and that is going to be a whirlwind of activity.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing my family, especially my sister and her son, but I just need a break from life for a little bit.  ; )

Maybe to a tropical island . . .
Tonight is Damian's first basketball game.  I love basketball, but the thought of driving 40 min to see a middle school basketball game with a 18 month old in tow, just doesn't sound appealing to me.  I am also torn about getting a run in.  I was thinking that I would have time, but I don't get off work until 4 and then we have to drive, so then I was thinking I would do just 1 mile, but I don't really want to do that tonight either.  So my head keeps saying that I already blew my exercise streak on Sunday, what would it matter if I didn't go today?  But it looks so pretty on my calendar if I have something every day.  =(  I'm torn. . .

I've been thinking about Christmas break at my parents' house and running.  It's going to be cold there, probably colder than it is here.  There probably won't be snow, they don't usually have snow on Christmas.  There is the treadmill but it is horrible.  I saw something about a treadmill being called a hamster wheel, and that really is what it is.  You don't go anywhere.

This weekend I got almost completely caught up on my blog reading, but then my busy, busy Monday and Tuesday I got behind again.  So yesterday I was reading some of them and I came across this post from Adam.
I have seen this picture everywhere and thought it was funny.  Well, it turns out that the guy that took the picture didn't even know it was everywhere.  When he found out he made it a point to track down the guy he took the picture of and do an interview with him.  It was a very, very interesting read.  You can find it here.  =)

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment