Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All that's gone on here . . .

My Christmas and New Year's was nice.  Like I said last week, we had friends over on Christmas Eve for dinner and Christmas day was kinda chill.  One of our friends that came over Christmas Eve ended up crashing on our couch and was there for Christmas morning.  I didn't care, he's (Kyle) a really nice guy and didn't have anywhere else to go.  He and his sister lived with us 2 years ago for a year, she was 17 and he was 22 (I think) and they were homeless.  His sister, Heather (she's the one that moved back in with us yesterday), moved in with us first and then a few months later she asked us if her brother could crash on our couch for a night or two and he ended up staying for a year.  They are very nice "kids" and we've sorta adopted them as part of our family.




They were worn out. =)
Anyway, Heather had to work Christmas morning and so they weren't going to see their Mom till that evening.  I think Kyle feels like we are more of his family than his Mom is sometimes so I didn't mind that he was there Christmas morning.  He played with Maddox and assembled the shoe rack Chris got me, so he was useful.  I did feel bad that he didn't have a gift to open, but he had opened his Christmas Eve because we didn't know he was going to stay.  He said he didn't care, but I still felt bad.

Kyle looks like some crazy homeless person here.  =)
That evening we went to Chris's Mom's house to get her SUV for our trip over the mountains to eastern WA.  We spent several hours there, and I started feeling really terrible.  I had a stuffed up nose and a headache.  By Wednesday morning, I had a full-on head cold.  It was awful.  We left for eastern WA and then had to stop for some Dayquil and tissues for the ride. 

We spent Wednesday night at Chris's Dad's house and then had Christmas dinner on Thursday.  Unfortunately, I didn't know we were going to be having Christmas dinner at his house and my sister was coming to pick me up for our sister's/girl night.  I was thankfully able to eat dinner and visit for a little bit before she got there.  Chris's sister was supposed to be there, she has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, but before they left their car broke down (she lives in an assisted living house).  Anyway, we only ever see her at holiday time when we go over there, so Chris and I called into work and asked if we could take Monday off so we could see her on Sunday, rather than drive home. 

Thursday night I spent with my sisters.  We had a good time talking, Barbara, my oldest sister, told us about the ghosts in her house (where we were) so my other 2 sisters and I decided to not stay the night there afterall.  =) 

Saturday we did family pictures and then opened presents and had another Christmas dinner.  (Thankfully ham, I was completely done with turkey.)  My sister Tami and her family had come from N. Carolina and we finally met her son, who is 15 months old.  He is cute, but a complete Mama's boy.  He refuses to go to anyone at all if Tami is around.  I felt bad for her, because he would cry and refuse to let anyone else comfort him.  In fact, if he fell or anything, he would cry harder if someone other than Tami picked him up.  That would be very exhausting.

Damian drew this, it's my Dad's cattle brand made of wheat stalks.
Chris drew this, my Mom loves whales.

Maddox loved this giant bear he got from my Mom.
D and AJ, my nephew.  AJ loved D, but no one else. =)

And so did my Dad.

Tami was gone, so I got to hold AJ for a minute.


We visited with Chris's sister on Sunday and then came home on Monday.  We had to take Chris's Mom's SUV back to her Monday night, so we visited with her a little bit and then headed home.

We made last minute plans to go to a friend's house for New Year's Eve.  That was fun, we just hung out there, watched some TV, drank a little.  They have 4 kids, the 2 youngest being girls, who hung on me the entire time I was there.  We played a couple xbox games and watched the Space Needles fireworks. 

I ran 3 days while I was in eastern WA, all on my dad's treadmill.  I wanted to run in the snow, I thought that would be fun, but my parents have horrible hills, and I just didn't want to tackle them.  Friday I ran 4 miles, Sunday I ran 3 miles and then Monday before leaving I ran 4 miles.  It wasn't too bad.  My dad gave me a great idea for my treadmill.  He told me to put it in our carport.  Our carport is kinda silly, because it's not big enough for a car . . . anyway, we use it for storage, so I'll have to move stuff around and dig out a tarp to cover the treadmill, but it'll work for now.  It's only temporary, until Heather finds a permanent home.  =)

And that brings me to today . . . where I'm at work. =/

Friend Makin' Monday was a couple days ago, but I might as well add it to this already long post.  =)  You can continue reading, or quit now if you'd like.  =)


fmm
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: All the Weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
2013

1. Share one thing that you plan to do for yourself in 2013.  I want a passport.  My sister and I started (this year) going on a trip together and are going to continue doing it.  This year we are planning on going to Canada.  I've never been, and it would just be fun.  So I'm going to get myself a passport, and I'm going to save money to go on my trip.  We are also going to Disneyland the end of Feb, but after that I'm going to continue saving money so my family and I can go on another trip in a year or two.  I want to go to Hawaii, and after that a cruise (that's my husband's thing) and then Italy (see I NEED a passport). =) 

2. Share a good habit that you will continue doing into the new year. I plan on continuing to run, and hopefully more weight will come off, but I'm not real concerned about the weight.  I still weigh myself, but it's not my focus.  I love that my body is looking leaner, even if I'm stuck in the 160 range.

3. Do you make new year’s make resolutions? If so, do you typically stick to them? I don't make resolutions.  I don't believe in them.  I think it's a good thing to want to change something you don't like about yourself, but why start on Jan. 1st?  Why not start whenever you notice the thing you don't like?  I started running in Feb last year.  I went to church with my parents this last Sunday (nothing unusual there) and the pastor talked about resolutions vs. goals.  And I liked the thought of making goals that you can reach in order to change something about yourself, so I think I will make some goals . . . see #1 for one of them.  =)
4. Do you have any health goals for the new year? I want to run 10 miles at once.  I would also like to attempt a half marathon. 

5. Share one thing that you plan to do in January. I’m going to Deer Lake, WA on Martin Luther King Day.  My family (parents and sisters and their families) does an annual trip, usually in Feb.  This year we are going to Disneyland, but one of my sisters can't afford it, so we are still doing our trip, just moved it up a month.  My grandparents bought a "cabin" (it's a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 3 bath house) a long, long time ago, and now when we want to go on a cheap trip we go there for a weekend.

6. Do you have any travel plans for the coming year? If so, where are you most excited to go? I'm so, so, sooooo excited to go to Disneyland.  I went when I was 18, but it was part of a bigger trip and we only spent one day there.  Not only will we have a long weekend there, but I will also have my kids, and that will make it super fun.  =)  I am also going to Vancouver, BC sometime in the end of the summer with my sister.

7. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? I spent it with some friends at their house.  It was pretty low key, but it was a lot of fun.  They have 4 kids, including 2 small girls, which hung on me the whole time we were there.  I drank a bit too much wine and had a glass of champagne at midnight.  Then went home with the most wonderful man in the world.  =)

8. What are your resolutions for 2013? My goals are to continue to save money for all the trips I want to take in the future.  =)  Also, I have gotten really bad at nagging Chris again, I've worked on this in the past and had gotten much better, but it's creeping back, so I need to work on that.  I am also going to work on running 10 miles and then maybe a half marathon (haven't decided on that yet). 

9. What are you looking forward to most over the next 12 months? Disneyland!  I'm so excited for that.  And even though I love the snow, I'm kinda ready for summer again.  We haven't even had snow at my house.  We did have snow at my parents house, so maybe I'm done?  Maybe not.  =)  I just like the thought of swimsuits and swimming.  =)

10. Share something unique that you hope to do in 2013. Haven't we answered this same question about 2 times before?  =)  Anyway . . . unique?  I don't know.  My life is anything but unique, it's very "normal" and I don't really do anything that other people don't do . . .

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new!  Happy New Year!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment