Monday, February 29, 2016

DASSH

On Saturday I ran DASSH 5K.  DASSH stands for Doing A Sprint for Samish Health.  It was the only race I could find in February that fit into my schedule.  It was small, I heard someone say 106 people (but not sure).  I followed a family most of the race.  Two kids who ran pretty fast, pretty consistently.  They slowed down at the end, but I was impressed by them. 

My first two miles were both 7.47 min/mile and then I realized I was dying and slowed down a little.  My third mile was 8.20 min/mile and the last half mile was 8.27min/mile.  Yes, I said "last half mile."  The course was long, which meant that I didn't PR, which is what I was hoping for.  Although, because I slowed down so much in my last mile, I don't think I would have PRed it anyway.  Mapmyrun said that it was 3.59 miles, and I definitely felt that last half mile.  I guess I need to work on speed, or maybe endurance . . . 
I do not know if I placed in the race.  I didn't stick around.  I know I was 6th female overall.  The last mile and more was out and back and I counted the females in front of me and no one passed me.  I don't know the ages of the females in front of me, I'm pretty sure they were in their 30's or 40's.  I don't know if they even gave age prizes.  And I can't find race results.  I doubt I'll ever know because it was such a small race. 

On my sidebar, I put the time that mapmyrun says I was at when I reached 3.1 miles, but it's not official.  My actual time was 28.44 according to the clock when I crossed the finish line.  But I don't know how you handle a course that's too long, or too short. 

After my race on Saturday I went down to Lynnwood to hang out with my sister.  I told her I really wanted to go shopping so we went to a new Value Village in north Seattle, which was a great store.  I got a new jacket, a couple shirts and a sweater for about $25.  I have to tell you, thrift shopping is the best. =)  We need to find a thrift store in a rich neighborhood so that we can score on really nice items. ; )

After our thrift store shopping we decided to try a trail that Nancy had seen near her house.  So we went there, it wasn't a very long trail but it had a lot of offshoots and would have been really easy to get lost on.  In fact, if Nancy hadn't been there, I'm pretty sure I would have been lost, she has an excellent sense of direction which I don't have.  I think we did the whole trail twice, so maybe around a mile and half.

Sunday was super windy and nasty outside.  We did our grocery shopping and then I had 8 miles on the schedule.  I really didn't want to run in the wind.  I hate the wind.  I would much rather run in anything other than wind.  I thought about cutting it short, debated running 7 miles, or 5 . . . but ultimately I ran all 8. 
After my run I didn't do anything exciting.  Cleaned house, did bills, drank a huge glass of wine and took a bath.  =) 

You know on Facebook now they have a "see your memories" post?  I like to scroll through that when I see it to see what interesting things happened in the past.  One year ago yesterday I was enjoying a glass of wine in the sun in my front yard.  I'm very jealous looking at this photo.  It was not this nice yesterday, or today.

And this one is from 3 years ago, and I'm even more jealous.

2 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores....and yes, when I can make it to Washington DC (the suburbs) and hit their thrift stores....AMAZING clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome to go thrift store shopping in Washington DC.

      Delete