Thursday, February 11, 2016

short and not so sweet

I started a post over the weekend and then forgot about it.  I think I got up to get another glass of wine and closed my computer and didn't reopen it.  ; )

It's Saturday evening, I don't know if I've ever posted after having a few glasses of wine . . . well, since I don't think I updated with my January miles, I guess it'll be interesting.  ; ) I definitely have been increasing my miles.  After my all-time low of 36 miles in November, December ended up being a total of 47, not great, but better.  I jumped to 78 miles in January, so I'm happy with that. 

February is a short month and I am going out of town next weekend, so I'm not sure how many miles I'll end up with.  February is also the only month, so far, that I've had trouble finding a race to do for my 40th birthday, race a month, goal.  Most of the races in February are on Valentine's Day weekend, that happens to also be President's Day weekend this year, and we (my family including parents, sisters and their families) always go on a weekend trip, so all the races in my area that I could find I can't do, and I couldn't find any where I am going (Astoria, OR area).  Luckily a few days ago a new race was posted on my local running club page for the weekend after President's Day.

And that's all I wrote.  =)

We're headed to Oregon tomorrow.  It's a place we've never been before, close to Astoria.  I don't know what kind of trails are there, or rather footpaths, so I don't know if I'll run.  I always take my running stuff and then 99% of the time don't use it.  Last year, during this same trip, I had a great run.  But we had been there before and I had seen the trail, and knew I wanted to try it out. This is a sorta new place, so I don't know what's there and Google Maps isn't helping.

I have nothing else to say.  I'm wondering if I should continue blogging. 

The ducks along my long run on Sunday
My kids playing with silly string

1 comment:

  1. I always take my running/exercise clothes also and it's usually 99% unused. But hey....at least I had the thought!

    As for blogging....do YOU like to do it for you....for a chronicle of what you are doing and where you have been and where you are going? IF you get satisfaction from it...then keep going. If it no longer brings you satisfaction, then reconsider. It's YOUR outlet....ramble...babble...do whatever!

    ReplyDelete