Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Just a random post on a beautiful day.

I know all 2 of you that read this are sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to hear if I resisted the donuts last week, and I did.  I did not have any sweets at work at all last week.  I did end up eating one chocolate a night with my wine, but I'm okay with that. 

So as of Friday morning (not an official weigh day, those are only the first of the month) I was down to 146.8.  So my reduced eating and no sweets worked.  I drank quite a lot of wine this weekend, for no reason other than I wanted to, so I was thinking I'd be a bit bloated on Monday, but I weighed 145.8 Monday morning, so that's good.  I didn't weigh today.  I don't weigh myself every day anymore, and don't miss it, but I did want to see what the damage was from the weekend, and am happy there was none.

I did not increase my miles last week.  I ran on Wednesday with the intent of running on Thursday and Saturday.  There was no long run last week because we were in Oregon and I just didn't want to get up early enough to go for a long run on vacation, before walking around Seaside all day.  I ended up skipping my run on Thursday because I was really hungry, and tired.  My rule is if I skip Thursday, I have to run Friday.  Well, last week I ran Tuesday and Wednesday, skipped Thursday and then the wind picked up a lot on Friday and I skipped Friday.  I rationalized it by saying that I had run on Wednesday so it was okay. 

I also didn't do hills on Saturday, instead I ran 5 miles with a few hills in the run, but there are always hills in my runs, I live in a hilly area. 

My running schedule for the last few months has been Sunday long run, Monday rest, Tuesday 4 miles, Wednesday rest, Thursday or Friday 4 miles, and Saturday hill repeats which has been right around 3 miles, but I don't worry about the miles on Saturday, just the hills.  I've been thinking of adding 2 or 3 (most likely 2 for now) miles on Wednesday, and increasing from there.  I guess we'll see how this week goes.  When I was at my fastest, I was running 5 miles, 4 days a week (and a long run) and I would like to get faster. I don' t know.

I ran 8 miles on Sunday.  So that was 5 miles on Saturday and 8 on Sunday, 13 miles in 2 days.  I haven't done that much in a while.  I could definitely feel it in my legs Sunday evening.  I like the achiness that comes from having pushed myself farther than I'm used to.  It's not really sore, just aches a bit.  I don't mind that at all. 

Today is a beautiful day so far.  I just wish I got home earlier so I could enjoy it with a run in the sun.  Sadly, by the time I get out the door it's usually dark, plus I rode the bus, so I get home a half hour to 45 min later than when I drive. Maybe I should start bring my running clothes to work and run during lunch or after work.  But there's no shower, and riding the bus after a run, all smelly and gross . . . maybe not.  ; )
From Sunday morning, the cat
was licking Damian's head,better
him than me.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on resisting the donuts!!! And congrats on having a sweet free week!!!

    ReplyDelete