Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Luckily . . . or not . . . my office did not burn down

On Sunday I decided to do a 7 mile run.  Like I said yesterday, my mapmyrun app hasn't been working right.  I downloaded runkeeper, but even that hasn't been working like it should.  The GPS often turns off or stops.  The first time I used it, it stopped at 3.54 miles, I ran 5.  Then it stopped on my 6 mile run on Thursday.  (Chris thinks my phone has a problem not the apps, and I know I need a new phone, but I keep hoping the apps will start working right again.)  Needless to say I've been leery about relying on my phone's GPS to tell me how far I've gone.  I've had to get on mapmyrun.com and actually manually map out my route so that I know where to go to get the desired distance. 

Anyway, on Sunday I had my 7 mile run mapped out, I was about 4 miles into my run and I started hearing A LOT of sirens, but didn't think of it much.  Then was running a few blocks from my work, when I saw this.
It was kinda scary.  I didn't know what was going on and I didn't want to get too close, but I was very curious if it was my job.  (It wasn't.)  Anyway, I stopped to take a picture and as soon as I started going again, my phone died.  I am sooooo sick of my phone, it was fully charged when I left the house, and I had only been running 30 min or less.

As soon as I got home I got on Facebook (isn't that where everyone goes for breaking news in their town?) and found out that someone had started a fire in a seed warehouse.  Sadly, that meant I still had to go to work this week. 

Monday I ran an uneventful 5 miles.  However, somehow, miraculously, mapmyrun started working again.  I don't know what the issue is.  Yesterday was a rest day.  Today I was planning on running 5 or 6 miles, but then Chris reminded me that we have a meeting with Maddox's speech therapist to discuss his progress and to see where we want to go from here.  That is at 3:30, so I'm hoping it will be done by 4:30 and I can go for a 4 mile run before it gets too dark. 

I don't think I'm going to make 100 miles in January.  I've been trying to be good and not run too much, as my physical therapist told me to not increase my miles.  I've only been running 4 days a week, and sometimes not even getting to 20 miles.  Last week I only ran 3 days, just because of lots of stuff going on.  I could have run an extra day, but I didn't.  Last week's total mileage was only 15.  So not very good.  This week I'm already at 12 miles, and I'm planning on running at least 2 more days, hopefully 3.  Even if I run 5 miles every one, with one 8 mile run, I still won't make the goal of 100 miles.  I'm kinda disappointed in myself, but the month's not over, so I guess we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment