Thursday, January 9, 2014

Still plugging along

I am 6 days behind in all my reading on here.  I don't like to get so far behind, so when I do, I tend to get on and read as much as I can, but then I neglect posting anything.  I don't think I've posted a thing this week.  =/

Sunday I ran 7.5 miles, the farthest since my half marathon in September.  I meant to only go 7, which would have been half a mile farther than my regular "long" runs lately, but I miscalculated my route and ended up with a full mile over my "norm."  That's okay though.  I didn't feel like I was going to die and I didn't have any issues afterwards. 

Monday and Tuesday were rest days and then I ran 4 miles last night on my treadmill.  I chose the treadmill for a couple reasons, the main one being 30 mph gusts and an average of 15 mph winds and the other being the lateness of my run.  Typing it out makes me feel kinda wimpy, like I could have ran outside if I had forced myself.  And I'm right, I could have, but I didn't have to and I did buy a treadmill for those exact reasons.  I might as well use it rather than let it be a coat hanger (it's actually my work out clothes hanger when I'm not using it).  =)

The New Year's celebrations did me in. I did fairly decent with my eating up until New Year's Eve.  And then I ate a lot, and I drank a lot.  And I continued that trend for the rest of last week.  As of yesterday I was up 3 lbs.  =/  However, I am holding on to the delusion belief that it is because of the sodium and alcohol dehydrating my body.  That delusion belief was confirmed this morning when I stepped on the scale and was a whole pound lighter today, after eating well and drinking less (one glass of wine last night instead of a bottle) (all week, not just yesterday).  (I'm sure my liver thanks me.) (Lots of parantheses here today.)  Plus, I am guzzling water.  I am good at water intake over the week while I work, but not so good when I'm home on the weekends or vacations.  I will say that somewhere in the madness of my alcoholic binge mindless eating I weighed myself (in the morning, fully naked, after using the bathroom) and was allllll the way up to 157, so I'm am super happy with today's weight of 152.  =)

A couple days ago I was home for lunch and I saw a neighbor (he's the neighbor of my neighbor) running up the street with his son (4 or 5 years old).  I know that neighbor runs, I see him all the time, and even saw him and his wife at the first half marathon I did last year.  I believe he works nights, so he runs in the early afternoon.  Anyway, I was super happy to see him running with his son.  He didn't run far, because I saw him just a few min later leaving his house without his son to go on his regular run.  I can't wait for Maddox to be old enough to go running with me.  I tried to get Damian to, but he is not interested in running.  I started when he was too old to really develop an interest in what "Mommy's" doing.  But Maddox . . . I can't wait!  (I'm not worried about Damian's level of fitness, he is one busy, fit boy, he's just not interested running.)

(I swear I've seen this quote with a man running with his son, but I can't find it now.)

Many months ago a coworker started running.  She started doing the couch to 5k program.  She picked a race in mid-January as her target race.  When she was telling me about it, I told her I would totally do it with her.  Well, this weekend is the race.  She also got several other people who are runners in my office to do it with her, so I think there is a group of 4 or 5 people that is doing this race.  I debated about going rogue and doing the 10k the race offers, but finally decided to stick with the pack and do the 5k.  I don't think we are all running together, but I will definitely stick around afterwards to cheer her on over the finish line.  I'm looking forward to it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment