Thursday, November 10, 2016

Just another post

Last week I did something fitness related every day.  In fact, if you look at my Map My Run calendar, I am on day 13 of doing something fitness related.  Since I started going to the gym, most of my rest days are days I go lift weights.  Monday has been a rest day for a long time, but now I'm going to the gym that day.  Wednesday has also been a day that I usually rest (well, Wednesday or Thursday) but now I'm going to spin classes on Wednesday.  Right now, my only true rest day has been Friday. 

Last week since I walked with Nancy on Thursday instead of spin class (we did Thursday because she had a hair appointment on Wed.) I decided to run on Friday.  Walking doesn't often feel like exercise to me, so I wanted to get a run in to replace the missed spin class.  This week Friday will be my rest day.

I don't actually see much difference in my body since I started doing this.  I've dropped a couple pounds, but nothing like I expected.  I expected once I started running again that the 10 pounds I gained over the summer would just fall off.  It hasn't happened that way, sadly. 

This weekend I'm going to eastern Washington.  I haven't been over there in a long time to just see my parents.  We went over in August for our vacation, but we didn't spend any time at my parents' house, although, we did see them when they came to the lake with us for a few days. 
 
Anyway, I'm going over with my sister, Nancy (and my kids) but we decided this weekend because of the Tri-Cities Wine festival that is on Saturday.  We're going to go with our other sister Barbara, who lives over there.  I'm hoping that it will be fun.  Nancy and I always have fun, but sometimes Barbara can be challenging.  I'm sure, though, with enough wine, it'll be a grand time.  ; )
 
Funny thing is, I'm the only one that really drinks wine.  Nancy does a little.  It's not her favorite thing, and I think she does with me because I like it so much.  I don't think Barbara does at all, but I don't hang out with her that much, so maybe she does now. 
 
Maddox brought home his school pictures this week.  He was so proud of them, it was the first thing he showed me when I picked him up from daycare.  I can't look at the picture without laughing.  It's so cute, and soooo Maddox.  =)
#goofykid
My parents' house is truly one of my favorite places in the world (not that I've been anywhere).  Being away from the city is soooo nice.  I can't even tell you how much I enjoy my time there.  I really should make more of an effort to go over more often.
 
 
How can that not be peaceful?  No noises except birds, the occasional, very distant, sound of a train, and in the summer sprinklers.


1 comment:

  1. I've been noticing lots of exercising from you on my mapmyfitness feed!! Way to go!!!

    Hope you had a fun weekend at your parents and with your sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete