Monday, November 7, 2016

poorly written post about nothing

I will be happy when November 9th comes along.  I'm so sick of everything political, it's ridiculous.  I have tried to stay out of it on Facebook.  Too many really, really strong opinions about both presidential candidates.  You can't have an intelligent conversation with someone that is supporting the opposite candidate, in my experience it just deteriorates into idiocy. =)

Okay, I'm done with that.

Last week my sister had a hair appointment on Wednesday, our normal cycle days, so we were going to go on Thursday.  Well, on my way to the gym I looked at the app and it said it had a substitute teacher that day, someone we've had before and didn't like.  I called my sister and we decided to go for a walk instead. 

We went to a trail that we've done only 2 times, once when I still lived in Lynnwood and my nephew came over (when him and Damian were younger my nephew came over for a week every summer, now that they are older they are so different they don't care to hang out for that long anymore).  When we did that trail with them, they both got into some poison oak, it wasn't very bad, but was very irritating for them.  Nancy and I also walked that trail together a few years ago.  It is a little over a mile down hill to a beach, and then back up, making it 2 and a half miles total.  The hill is very, very steep and I remember when we did it with the boys it was difficult.  A few years ago when we did it, I didn't think it was too bad, difficult, but I was running by then and didn't have major issues.  Nancy, on the other hand, had problems. (I'm sorry that this is a horribly written paragraph, bad grammar, bad punctuation, just bad).

Nancy was hoping that the cycle classes would make the hill a bit easier, but she still had to stop at the top of the steepest part of the trail to catch her breath.  I always feel bad when she's obviously more winded than I am at things.  I don't know why.  I just feel like we should be the same. 
Steepest part of the trail, pictures don't do it
justice.
This weekend was pretty chill for me.  I did a lot of nothing.  I did do some running though.  Friday I was able to go for an earlier than normal run so I did 4 miles.  Saturday I ran 3 miles and Sunday was 7 miles. 

Sunday was not a great run.  I felt sluggish in the beginning, I had a pain (small, nothing serious) in my calf, and I just wasn't excited about it.  Here I've been complaining about all my short runs, and now that I'm getting into longer ones, I'm hating them too.  I will never win. 

I haven't really figured out a good time to go for a long run.  Maybe that's my problem.  I like to run in the morning, but I also like to sit and eat breakfast and drink some coffee and some water.  I wake up naturally between 6 and 7 most weekend mornings, and then I am pretty lazy.  Saturday and Sunday mornings are pretty much the only time I have without Maddox, and that's usually only an hour or less, depending on when I wake up (he's almost always up by 7:30).    The time I have been going is about 10am, but we've started doing our grocery shopping Sunday morning, and we usually go at 10am, so my runs have been pushed to 12 or so, and by that time I'm hungry again.  I've debated about moving my long runs to Saturday, but I haven't. 

What I saw on my run yesterday
This week is more of the same, gym and weights Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  We're going to go to cycle class on Wednesday, there's a new teacher that day that we haven't tried out. Cross your fingers that he's fun.  Running probably on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 

Well, this post has become a lot of nothing. I hope you all had a good weekend.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment