Saturday, November 26, 2016

Checking in

We had a pretty uneventful Thanksgiving.  We went to my sister's house for dinner and was there for several hours.  Don't tell anyone, but my sister, Nancy, is my favorite family member and I love spending holidays with just her and her family.  No worries about offending my other sister, or annoyances with my Mom, or hearing and witnessing the bickering between my parents.  And definitely no spending time and "making nice" with aunts or my cousin, who I don't like much.

Rereading that paragraph above, it just seems so ungrateful and spiteful.  Definitely not the attitude of the holiday season.  I'm sorry.

Anyway, Friday and today I spent doing stuff around the house.  I cleaned a closet that has never really been clean since we moved in.  I cleaned Maddox's room, and I don't even remember what else.  Tomorrow (Sunday) is most likely going to be another day of things to get done.  I'd like to pull Damian's old twin bed frame out of the shed, clean it and set it up for Maddox.  It would be nice to get him out of my bed.  Right now he's got his crib, which was changed into a toddler bed, in his room, but he's too big for that, and we've pretty much even pretended putting him to sleep in his room.  The problem is the tantrums that are going to happen making him sleep in his own bed.  =/

This last week was another week of doing something active every single day.  I ran Sunday, 3 miles (I had run 7 miles on Saturday).  On Monday I did weights and then my sister suggested going to a gym in a town that we haven't been to to try out a spin instructor, we were there and waiting for the instructor to show up when a guy came in and took the instructors bike.  We knew it wasn't the girl we were supposed to be checking out and Nancy recognized him, so we left before he started and did 30 min of elliptical instead.  I really liked their gym setup, but the location/parking lot was awful.  And Nancy complained nonstop about her traffic getting there, so we probably won't go back.

Tuesday I did weights again and then ran 3 miles after work.  I did weights again on Wednesday (I have to go 3 times in a week to make 12 times a month in order to get money back from my insurance).  Thanksgiving morning I did 4 miles, Friday 3 miles, and today 8.  That makes 21 miles this week, which is the most I've done in a long time.
Not sure why I took a gym selfie, but here I am.
I struggle with going for runs.  I don't know why.  When I can't run I want to run, and when I can run, I have to force myself to get out of the house.  Why is that?  Over the summer all I wanted to do was run, and when I did run, it was very short distances that made me yearn to do the longer distances of last summer.  Now that I can run, I dread my long runs.  There's got to be a happy medium, right?

I ran 8 miles with my shirt on backwards.  In
my defense, I had a jacket on over top of it.
I have more to talk about, but I'm falling asleep, so I think I'll quit while it is still somewhat legible.  =)
The stretch I do to help my IT Band, which complains often
on my right side.




1 comment:

  1. Woohoo to a stress free holiday at your sisters!!!

    Kudos for another straight week of activity!

    ReplyDelete