Monday, June 27, 2016

Not broken

So I missed the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon.  I knew I would, but I was still disappointed.  A couple friends told me about it after the fact, which sorta made it worse. 

It’s been another week of not running.  So I don’t really have a lot to say.  I did run on Saturday.  I am trying to keep my goal of running a race once a month going, and since I missed the rock n roll half, I signed up for a 5k in Anacortes, which is 30 min or so from my house.  It was at an oil refinery, Tesoro, and they new how to throw an after party.  It was a small run, most runs I do are because I like to do local races, and the area I live in is small.  But they had a BBQ after the race, just hot dogs, but it was pretty nice.  They had a local band playing, and lots of “swag.”  Not great “swag” but it wasn’t bad. 
Speaking of “swag” what is up with the “online swag bag” a lot of races do now?  I don’t like it. Honestly, I’d rather get a cheap waterbottle, some SPF 30 chap stick than have to go online to look at the “swag bag” and find out all it is is a bunch of coupons for running stores.  I’ve never used something I’ve found in one of the online “swag bags.” 
 
Okay, end rant.
 
 
Last week I started not feeling very good on Thursday.  I attributed it to being up really late the night before . . . that’s a whole other story.  In a nutshell, I went out with a friend after work on Wednesday and on my way home I witnessed a really bad accident that kept me up half the night Wednesday night.  Anyway, Thursday I just figured I was super tired.  Then on Thursday night I was laying in bed with Maddox and he reached over and said “Mommy, you’re hot” so I took my temperature.  It was around 100., but I didn’t think it was a big deal, I was laying in bed, under covers with Maddox, the heater. 

Friday morning I woke up feeling better, less of a headache, not as warm, and thought I was okay.  But I just started feeling worse and worse all day.  I had plans to go to my sister’s house for dinner, which I did.  Again, on Saturday I woke up feeling better, went for my race and decided to go to the Urgent Care to check on my ankle. 

It hasn’t been too bad lately, but I decided that since it’s been so long, I wanted to make sure it wasn’t broken.  It’s not broken, but I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.  If it was broken, I’d be able to have a concrete (or mostly concrete) time frame.  As it stands, she said I must have a bad sprain, and it could take 6-8 weeks to heal, and I should “see how it feels” and “use my best judgement.”  *sigh*  Isn’t that what I was doing?  And not very well. . . Afterall, I raced before going to the Urgent Care to find out if it was broken . . .


After my race on Saturday my ankle was pretty sore yesterday, and it's a bit more swollen than it has been for a week or so. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling totally up to par soon.....foot and sick wise!!

    I hate the online swag also!!!!

    ReplyDelete