Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I just want to run.

Happy late 4th of July.  I hope all 2 of my readers had a good and safe 4th (I don't think I currently have any readers outside of the US, but maybe. . .)

Anyway, we had a pretty uneventful weekend.  Chris worked every day except Sunday, so I stayed home all weekend.  Saturday night we had a fire outside with a friend, and I drank way too much wine. 

Sunday I had scheduled a distillery tour for Chris's birthday, which was the weekend before.  I felt awful when I woke up.  Ever notice how wine hangovers are worse than any other?  I really didn't feel like going on the tour, but we've never done it before and thought it would be interesting, plus, it was Chris's birthday present, so I kinda had to go.  After a bunch of water and some Tylenol, I felt able to function and had a good time.  I don't think it was much of a tour.  It is a very small distillery, Bad Dog Distillery, that's only been around for about a year and a half.  The guy showed us where he brews, just in a big warehouse-type room, and Chris asked him a lot of questions about home brewing (because he's really interested and wants to try it). They brew primarily whiskey, which I'm not much of a fan of, but they also make some vodka, and a really, really good licorice whiskey. 

For the 4th, I was home most of the day.  Like I said, Chris worked.  I had been thinking, obsessing really, about going for a run all weekend.  My ankle has a little ache to it, but it really isn't bad.  I was thinking that if it had felt like this when I fell, I probably wouldn't have stopped running at all, so yesterday I decided to go for a run.  When I had been to the Urgent Care the week before, the dr said that if I do run, to wrap my ankle, so I did.  However, I think I wrapped too tight, or something.  While I was running, not even a  mile from my house, my foot was really bothering me, not my ankle, but my foot.  I stopped and sat on the side of the road and rewrapped my ankle, making in looser around my foot.  It felt much better after that, so I continued.  I ended up running just over 3 miles.  I iced it when I got home and didn't really notice it the rest of the night.

Today my ankle isn't bothering me at all.  I iced it this morning, but I don't know if I needed to.  I suppose it's a good idea since it is still a little swollen. 

After I ran yesterday we got ready and went to our friend and neighbor's inlaw's house.  We've been going there for many years, but the mother of our friend's wife just died about a month ago, so we had actually not planned on going there this year.  But they said they were doing it, and of course we were invited. 




It was a fun evening, but way too late on a school night.  ; )  Maddox fell asleep on my lap about 10:15, which I felt bad about because he was so excited for the fireworks all week.  I guess since they started lighting the less colorful ones at 6 or 7, he got his fair share of fireworks.  =) 

Because my ankle feels good, and I'm "supposed" to be training for a marathon, I have been debating about running tonight as well.  I worry about not letting it heal properly, or reinjuring it but I just want to run.  Seriously. 

1 comment: