Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Busy, busy, busy

July 24th.  That was my last post.  Today is August 13th.  That's the longest I've gone without posting.  I'm sorry.  However, if you all are like me and read a million different blogs, you probably didn't miss my postings at all, and didn't realize it had been so long.  =)

I was at my parent's house until Saturday, came home and went right back to eastern WA on Thursday.  Chris's brother got married on Saturday in eastern WA, so I had to come get him, and then after the wedding we went camping for 3 days. 
Maddox was the ring bearer.




Camping in eastern WA kinda sucks.  It was HOTTT!  The temperatures were in the high 90's all week, with a burn ban.  Which meant that we weren't allowed to have a campfire.  What is camping if you don't have a camp fire??  We got an "economy" site, which meant it was cheap, but also meant it was completely covered in dirt and sand, no grass at all. 

My parents came to the park on Wednesday and took us out in their boat.  It was the first time Chris had been on my parents' boat, and they've had it for about 5 years. 

Chris and Damian chilling in the water.

Damian riding with Maddox.
We were camped close to a river (that dumped into a lake), we were unsure how fast the water was running so we weren't too comfortable letting Maddox play in the river.  But it was pretty.


Overall, it was a good trip.  I will not be camping in eastern WA again.  I may have grown up over there, but I had never been camping there.  My parents always camped in Oregon on the coast, and Chris and I have always camped close(r) to home.  It was just too hot for camping.  I like the heat and the sun, but when I'm over there, I also like to retreat to airconditioned houses.  ; )

So I did not make 100 miles in July.  When I went to my parent's house the first time, I planned on running, I didn't plan on it being 70 degrees at 6am and 80 or above by 10.  When it's sunny, 70 degrees is about as hot as I like to run in, however, I HATE running in the early morning.  I ran one day outside at 8:30am, and it was hot.  Luckily my parents have a treadmill, unluckily, their air conditioning sucks.  I did move their treadmill into the living room where the air conditioner was, so it was almost bearable.  However, I still only managed 17 miles that week.   

At the beginning of all my trips to eastern WA, I was still on board for running a marathon in October.  After being there several days and not running very much I sorta decided to back off on the marathon for now and let my feet heal.  After running a total of 23 miles in 3 weeks (most of those in the first week at my parent's house) and realizing how nice it was for my feet to not hurt, I decided to cut back on running and let my feet heal.

It was the right decision because since I've been back I've run 10 miles (3 on Friday, 4 on Sunday, and 3 on Tuesday) and my feet hurt soooo bad on the days that I've run.  So I'm going to continue with 3 miles every other day, and possibly a "long" run of 4 or 5 miles once a week.  No more than that for awhile.  I'm super sad about it, but at the same time I know I need to cut back and take care of my feet.  I hope I don't have to stop completely. 

I have held constant at 145lbs this entire time.  I'm super happy with that.  =)

Also, I'm about 150 posts behind in all my blog reading.  I really dislike skipping ahead, because I feel like I miss so much when I do that, so I'm trying to read them.  The problem is, everyone keeps posting, so I get the number down, and then the next day, it's back up to 100 posts not read.  Anyway, I'm working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Look like you had fun...your looking good and you are maintaining your weight. AWESOME update post!!!

    ReplyDelete