Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Month in a nutshell

Well, it's been a minute since my last post.  Not since June 22, that's almost a month of no posts.  I guess I haven't had a lot to say recently.  I guess I will try to hit the high points with this post.

  • Summer is here.  Well, western Washington summer is here, which means weather in the 70's, which I will take over the 8 months of rain we had.  (Seriously, 8 months solid.)  Do you know how you know you live in western WA?  When people start complaining of 31 days with no rain.  I would prefer to go 8 months of no rain and 31 days (maybe) of rain.
  • I changed my hair color.  I was going for a black that looks purple in the sun, but it didn't really work out.  It's more black.  I'm kinda disappointed in it.  =(
    From this . . .
    to this.
     
  • Marathon training has started.  I sorta started a week early, but then just did week 1 two times.  When I wrote down my marathon training miles this time around, I told myself that I was going to follow it to the letter, no skipped runs, no shortened runs, exactly the amount of miles I am supposed to do (although different days than what the schedules says is okay, just as long at the weekly mileage is correct), but now that it's here, I don't know that will be how it is. However, I have already cheated.  I've skipped two 3 mile runs.  But I am trying very hard to do the longish mid-week run.  Right now I'm at 6 miles mid-week, and I'm dreading it, but when it gets up to 8-9-10 . . . I may have to rearrange miles.  I'm already thinking I may make all my mid-week runs longer so that I'm not running so far after work one day (instead I'm running far after work three days).  We'll see how it works out.
    Not my longest run lately, but my most recent long run which
    is a scale down week.
  • I completely skipped going to workout at the gym for two straight months.  Well, I guess I went in and did 20 min on the elliptical 3 times in May.  Not even once in June.  I even skipped checking in at all for the first week of July.  However, I ran on a treadmill 2x last week and once this week.  Last week I ran 6 miles on the treadmill in the gym.  That's the most I've run on a treadmill ever, and surprisingly it didn't feel that hard.  I do have a hard time listening to my audiobook, which is my preferred choice while running, when in the gym but I found I don't concentrate on the book enough in the gym so I have to rewind a lot.  I don't find that there are more distracting things in the gym, but I guess my brain doesn't ever get in the "groove" of just running and zoning out.
  • My garden is great.  I have had numerous salads from it this year.  I haven't seen cucumber yet, which I'm disappointed in, but I have had radishes, one carrot, two snap pea pods, and lots of butter lettuce.  My broccoli and cauliflower are huge, onions are going rampantly, potatoes.  Pumpkins are flowering . . . oh, and I keep hoping my jalapeno plant will take off, but no luck so far.  Oh and I discovered a love of basil.  I LOVE basil.  I even put it on my grilled cheese this last weekend and it was delicious (made with mozzarella). 

  • We had a great 4th of July day.  We went fishing at a local no motors allowed lake, and Damian got to take out his kayak for the first time.  I went out in it twice and fell in love with it.  So much so that I decided to buy a paddleboard with Damian. We just got it this last weekend and are going back to the lake with both this coming Saturday.  I'm really looking forward to it. 


  • Maddox caught his first fish while I was kayaking (so of course, no picture) but he put it back because it was "too pokey."  =)  Apparently it had some spikes on it's back and it poked Maddox and he didn't like it, so he put it back and had to fish on the other side of the dock because "that side has pokey fish."   
  • The fireworks show on the 4th was okay, we went to Bellingham, which is about 30-45 min north, but what ruined it was sitting in one single spot for an entire hour before getting out of the parking lot.  It was horrible.  I went to bed at 1am and was up at 430am.  It was awful. 
    We were so tired after the whole day on the lake.
  • I'm not losing weight and I'm very frustrated by it.  I seem to be gaining again.  That's all I'm going to say about that.
Well, that seems to be my month in a nutshell.  I'll try to be better at posting.  =)


1 comment:

  1. All in all it looks like a pretty good month!! (Well with the exception of not losing weight and seemingly gaining!)

    Good luck with the marathon training.

    ReplyDelete