Monday, February 20, 2017

Plans

Happy Holiday that I don't get off.  =(  I used to have President's Day off, but I changed jobs and now I don't.  I also don't get Martin Luther King Jr Day or Veteran's Day off either.  It's very sad to me.  It makes the time between New Year's and Memorial Day very long.  As I mentioned in my last post, I usually take this particular holiday off anyway, so that makes it doubly hard for me.  Plus, my favorite coffee partner has this whole week off, so I don't even get the pleasure of an afternoon coffee with a friend.  It's only Monday and already this week is looking bleak. 

It doesn't help that the courts have today off.  My job is primarily with the Everett Municipal (City) Court, so all the lawyers, judge, clerk that I work with have the day off.  (I don't work for the city of Everett, but for an agency that has a contract with Everett.)  I feel like I should have the same days off as the court (and get paid) since that is my job, however, others (the ones with the power) disagree, so here I am, drinking crappy work coffee and writing my blog.  ; )
So, what did I do this last week . . . or since my last post?  Thursday I went to spin class with my sister.  It didn't feel as difficult as it has in the past, but as spin class is similar to everything else, you only get out what you put in, I probably didn't push myself as hard as I could have.  

Friday I ran 4 miles after work.  I didn't push myself as hard on Friday as I did on my Tuesday run, but I was happy I actually went running.  Tuesday my 3 mile run was an average of an 8:45 min/mile, Friday it was 9:47 min/mile average.  I am okay with that.  Like I said, I'm happy I ran. 
my lazy week of running

Saturday I ran 10 miles.  It was a cold, wet run.  Seattle rain, aka drizzle, had come back after a really nice day on Friday, so I was soaked by the time I was done.  I wasn't overly tired, or sore, or anything after the run, which means my body is pretty used to that distance right now.  I didn't even take an after run bath until that evening (I showered immediately after my run). 


I didn't run yesterday, Sunday.  I just didn't feel like it.  I used to have my long runs on Sunday, which I prefer, but then we started consistently grocery shopping Sunday morning, so I moved them to Saturday.  I don't like long runs on Saturday, I never feel like running on Sunday.  However, I do like to run on the weekend, it's the only two days I get to run at my "optimal" run time, which is about 10am.  For marathon training this summer I may go back to Sunday run days, because well, I like it more.  That may push our shopping to later in the day, which will suck because my legs will be tired, and the stores will be busier . . . I don't know.

I did go to the gym today to lift weights.  I think I'm just in a weight funk.  I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm not outgoing enough to ask someone, and I'm too poor to pay for a trainer.  I was using a program I found online, but the workouts got very redundant, it changed every other week, but by week 16 I got pretty tired of the same things.  (This would be week 20, if I had done weights last week, I didn't so it's week 19.)  I found another workout online, but I've been hesitant to start it. 
  1. I don't like change.
  2. New weights, which I want, but refer back to 1.
  3. I don't like change.
  4. New weights.
(I'm not set in my ways or anything.) 

What I'd like is a trainer, but like I said, that is not an option for me right now.  Today I did change it a little.  I was going to use the new workout that I found, but some of the weights I was supposed to use were being used, so I kinda made up my own routine, which mostly looked like the old weight workout.  =/

This morning wasn't a total loss.  I did spend some time online looking at races for the year.  On my facebook feed I had a status update from the Tri-Cities Marathon saying they have joined the Washington Half and Full Marathon Series.  If you run a certain bunch of races in a calendar year, you get a special medal.  You can run 4, 7, or 10 of a bunch of select races.  So I started looking at half marathons in the series that I was interested in and could do.  I found 5 I'm interested in, so I just need to figure out if I can do it. The first one isn't until April, but it's the day after the Tulip Run (which is only special because it's kinda my first ever race and I've done it every year except one since I started running).  While I was looking, I did find a race that is not in the series, The Cupcake Fun Run in March that looks like it's fun.

So, if I do all the ones I think look interesting, or fun, I will have done 7 half and full marathons (probably only 1 full, but maybe 2).  Only 5 of those are part of this series, but it still sounds like a good plan.  I like it because it will keep me running.  I've noticed when I don't have a long race planned I start scaling way back on my running, and I really do like the long runs. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey getting paid to blog isn't too bad!!!

    Having a race in mind does keep me motivated! 'Maybe that's what I need to do...find a race!!

    ReplyDelete