Monday, February 13, 2017

Short one

I decided not to do the half marathon this weekend.  It's in Birch Bay, which is about an hour from my house.  The original plan was for all of us to go up north and while I was running Chris would take the kids exploring and wandering the beach.  Two main things contributed to my decision, one, Chris didn't really want to hang out for 2 hours while I ran, and two, it had been really, really cold and snowy in that area the last couple weeks.  Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, I don't know how it was north of my house, but Mount Vernon was sunny. 

I suppose one of the biggest reasons I was initially interested in it was because I was hoping it was through Canada as well.  But it's not so it's not as interesting to me. 

I did run 12 miles last Saturday.  The long runs are getting easier, I guess that's why people do them regularly, to get easier.  I'm not a big fan of running long in the winter though.  I do realize the winter here is much milder than other places, but it's windy right now and rainy and cold.  I only ran 5 miles this Saturday.  And nothing yesterday.  I just didn't want to.

I did go for a walk with Damian and Maddox.  We went to a park to let Maddox play a little, and then walked home.  It was nice, very sunny and lots of kids at the park. 




After my walk I was a little motivated to do some work outside, but ended up not doing much.  Instead I sat on my deck and enjoyed a little bit of sun.  I ended up going back inside and binge watched Nurse Jackie on Netflix.  It is a good show, but definitely made for a unproductive day.

Last week I only ran 3 times.  11 miles for the week.  My lowest mileage week since the middle of October.  I've been lazy, and I continue to feel lazy today. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we need a '"lazy week". And just remember...your lazy week was still 11 more miles than I ran!!!

    ReplyDelete