Thursday, February 16, 2017

Nostalgia

I have been incredibly lazy this week.  Last week I didn't run much, this week I haven't lifted weights at all.  In fact, I went to the gym on Tuesday just to swipe my card, and then left.  I didn't do anything.  I did run after work, but no weights.   Because I haven't been to the gym much this week and missed one day last week (snow day) I will have to go every single day next week in order to get my reimbursement from my insurance.  I have to go 12 times in a month, and that means 3 times a week.  Hasn't happened this month at all. 

Today I'm going to go to cycle class after work, but I didn't do my normal leg day.  I have no reason for not going to the gym this week other than I just haven't wanted to.  I ran on Tuesday, no run yesterday, it was really, really windy yesterday, and cycle today.  I'll have to run tomorrow and Saturday just to make it 3 times this week (no run on Sunday either, I was lazy then too). 

This weekend is President's Day weekend and for the first time in 14 years we're not doing our family vacation.  About 16 years ago my sister Nancy and I decided we wanted to do a yearly "sister's weekend."  We invited my other sister, Barbara (Tami, the fourth sister, was in N. Carolina, still is) and then ended up inviting our Mom too because we didn't want her to feel left out.  Well, after the fact, my dad expressed disappointment that he wasn't invited, so the next year we did it on MLK Jr Day and called it a "Family Vacation"  and spouses and children were invited.  That year there was snow and ice on MLK Day, so the following year we did it on President's Day weekend, which is where it's stayed for 14 or so years. 

Last year we discovered that February is a really tough month for my sister Barbara, she suffers from (among other things) severe SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and Feb is her worst month.  She never has a good time, and decided she wasn't going to go this year.  Well, Nancy and I talked her into going at least one more year (Damian graduates this year and who knows if he'll go again after this) and we'd move the trip to a different weekend.  The reason President's Day weekend was picked because it's a holiday and no one had to take the day off . . . well, that's not true anymore.  I don't get President's Day off anymore, and actually, now Nancy is the only one with the day off.  Oh, well the schools, and winter is the slow season for farmers.  But my parents' are retired now, so they can go any time.  We decided to do it during Spring Break this year.  It'll be warmer, it gets it out of February, and we won't have to worry about kids taking time off. 

Anyway, it's been really hard to see all my "memories" from weekends past popping up this last week on Facebook because we're not doing the trip at this time this year.  Plus, I have to work on Monday.  =(  So I think I'm going to do a photo dump.  =)  Let's see how many Family Vacation photos I can find. 

Well, I could only find them from 2009 on, that was when we all joined Facebook. =)  We started our trips going to yurts, which was fun, but cold.  As we've gotten older, we haven't been very interested in doing the yurt thing in the middle of February.  We also haven't been very good at taking a family picture every year.  These are the pictures I could find with the most people in them (2009 was awful to find anything).
2009
My dad and I

2009
I can't believe how much Nancy and I look alike.
And look how small Damian and Matthew (nephew) are

2010
2010
small Damian
2011
The year I was pregnant with Maddox and my sister Tami started
coming on the trip from N. Carolina

2012

2013
We (my parents, Nancy and her family and my family)
 went to Disneyland the end of February this year, so no
Family Vacation

2014
The year of the awful storms
2014
Awful storms and a dead battery.  It was miserable

2015


2016

No comments:

Post a Comment