Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Obsessive and crazy

5 days. 

5 days.

Five days.

That's all that is left before my marathon.  5 days. 

I am a wreck. 

I am not sleeping well. 

I need to figure this out because it's only Tuesday and I am soooo tired.  Sunday night I went to bed at 9pm (normal time for me) and was still awake an hour and half later in my room. 

I have a lists constantly going through my head.

Things I can't forget to take to my parents' house
  • Honey Stingers.
  • Waterbottle
  • Nuun
  • Running clothes, which ones am I going to wear? Should I take long pants, or just stick with my capri's?  Which shirt do I want to wear?  Do I want to wear the "Will Run for Wine" shirt or just stick with my favorite race shirt?  Don't forget the right undies!  Oh and a sports bra!  Oh and don't forget the right socks!! 
  • Socks! Don't forget shoes!
  • Headband, don't forget the headband
  • Armband!  Have to have the armband!
  • Magnets!  I got my magnets, have to remember those!  I want to put them on my car
    immediately afterwards!
  • Hat, just in case it rains. 
  • I'm forgetting something, what am I forgetting??!!
The list of things I have to take to the actual marathon
  • all of the above
  • Food, what do I want my parents to bring food wise.
  • Don't forget the extra Nuun for my parents to refill my waterbottle.
  • Extra shoes and socks, oh and undies, and a bra. 
  • Should I bring a washcloth to do a spongebath in a restaurant bathroom?  Soap?
  • Ice bottle to ice my feet? It'll probably melt, so probably not.
  • Clothes to change into
The list of things my family needs to have when they meet me while I'm running
  • Food, what do I want them to bring?
  • Nuun, should they have 2 bottles?
  • Food??  Should I have them bring a banana?  Peanut butter?  banana and peanut butter?  how about a candy bar?  Should they bring more Honey stingers? 
  • hard boiled eggs?
  • Water?
  • Signs!  I want them to be creative with the signs, should I help them come up with things to say?  It'd be nice if they surprised me, but they won't be creative.
The list of things to eat this week
  • Should I eat carb heavy all week?
  • Should I quit eating carb heavy on Saturday?
  • Leigh (from Poonapalooza) doesn't eat carbs at all, would I be okay with my protein heavy diet?
  • Oatmeal for breakfast all week (goodbye eggs, I'll miss you)
  • eggs on Sunday!
  • Can I talk my mom into making an extra steak on Saturday night so I can eat that as well Sunday morning?
  • No, Mom, I don't want French toast Sunday morning, thank you though!
  • Spaghetti?  I don't like spaghetti, Chris is going to make spaghetti, it's probably a good idea to have it.  =/
  • Oooohhh!  I do like my mom's fake goulash!  That would be good Thursday or Friday!
  • Are potatoes a good carb?  I like mashed potatoes . . .
  • No wine Saturday!! =(
Not to mention the stuff my sister has brought up, like a GPS tracking app on my phone so they can find me.  She also mentioned she was thinking of meeting me in multiple spots. My Mom had originally just planned to meet at the halfway point, but Nancy is thinking of following me . . . or rather jumping ahead of me to meet me at different places. 

My head is full!  And that's just the lists of things I want to have/bring/eat.  I haven't even touched on the things I obsess about, like
  • will I finish in 5 hours?   
  • Should I request an early start time?
  • Can I actually finish a full 26.2 miles?
  • How will I be able to walk afterwards, we are supposed to go out to eat at Chris's and my old favorite restaurant (from when we lived there 13 years ago).
  • Am I ever going to get sleep again?
  • I'm tired.
  • Food!  What should I eat?
My family has been extremely supportive.  They are putting up with my crazy emails and phone calls, and obsessions.  My Mom offered to take their 5th wheel to the Tri-Cities to let me sleep in that so that I can get a little extra sleep.  But I don't think it's a good idea. I won't have the ability to eat what I want and drink coffee and lots of water
  • Oh! don't forget to drink lot of water on Saturday!!
Do you see how crazy my head is right now?  Lots and lots of thoughts.  I did not get this crazy for my first half marathon.  I don't know why I'm so crazy this time.  Maybe because 26 miles is a big deal, and even though 13 miles (at the time) was a big deal then, 26 miles seems so much worse.

So right now my plan is to leave from work on Friday.  I'm going to take the bus to Everett (where I work) and a coworker will pick me up from the transit center. That way Chris, Damian and Maddox will have the car in Mt. Vernon so they can come get me without me having to go all the way back to M.V. just to turn around and go back through Everett on the way to my parents house. 

Saturday my Mom is having a yard sale at my aunt's house (she died in May and they are cleaning out her house) and we are expected to help (which annoys me).  In the afternoon I'm going into the Tri-Cities to pick up the race packet and my sister talked about going with me to check out the course and to find good spots to meet me while I run.  Then a good dinner, and early bed . . . where I won't sleep at all.

Sunday I'm waking up at 5, maybe 430, to eat, drink coffee and water.  And get really, really nervous and use the bathroom a million times.  I was planning on going to the starting line alone, but my Dad said he wanted to go with me to be there when I started, so that's cool.  I will have to leave my parents' house by 6:30am.  The run starts at 8am and I'll be running for around 5 hours.  Afterwards I'll either collapse and they'll drag me to the car and back to my parents' house, or we'll go out to eat. 

Oh, and one last detail, that I'm excited about, but am also obsessing about.  When I was looking at the course map, I saw that there is a park that is about 4 miles from the finish line.  My longest run was 22 miles, and I thought I was going to die.  So I asked Damian if he would meet me at that park and run the last 4 miles with me.  He said he would.  I think he will be a GREAT support at that point.  But now I'm obsessing over whether or not he can run 4 miles.  I don't think he's ever done it, but I will be moving pretty slow by then, and he's a very fit kid. 

1 comment: