Friday, May 22, 2015

Insane Inflatable 5k (last weekend)

I did not mean to go a week without posting anything.  I haven't felt like I've had a lot to say, however, you all were probably waiting on the edge of your seat to hear about the Insane Inflatable 5k.  ;-)  Or not.  We had a very good weekend (last weekend).

My sister, Nancy, and I carpooled, so we didn't have to both drive.  She drove her car because it's bigger, and has better gas mileage than mine.  (Damian and Maddox went as well.)  On Friday after we got there we spent the whole evening designing and painting "matching" shirts.  It was fun.  We basically started before we even had an idea of what we were doing.  My dad suggested using his cattlebrand and some paint he had and paint that on the shirts.  We had an old sheet that we were testing it out on and then we painted.  Most of us put the brand on the back (Damian and my nephew did the front) and then we decided the front was too boring so we spent a lot of time trying to figure out a splatter technique (with spray paint).  We splattered, then we wanted to put names, so we spent more time on trying to figure out how to do our names.  We ended up with a nametag design which I loved (and you can't really see in the picture). 
A better picture of the front.

 We left early Saturday morning to go to the event and then waited around for awhile before we were scheduled to start.  I've heard lots of people say that mud runs, and other obstacle-type races are really hard, so I was totally expecting this one to be the same, hard.  But when we got there and were looking at the blow-up obstacles I didn't think it actually looked as hard as I thought it was going to be. 
The obstacles weren't hard at all.  And I was pleasantly surprised that my oldest sister, Barbara did all the obstacles.  She (and her family and ex-husband) didn't do all the walking, but she did way more than I expected. 
At the starting line (my favorite picture of the day is the top right)
 After we were done, we went to a park and ate lunch.  It was a very sunny day (thankfully) but there was quite a wind at times, so it wasn't too hot, for the most part. 

All in all, it was a very fun event and we want to do it again next year.  I would have like to run it with Damian (he took off close to the beginning) but I didn't want to leave my sister Nancy by herself.  I'm glad I walked with her, but I really wished she ran so we could do these types of things as runners rather than walkers.  :-)
We are not doing anything this weekend.  Chris works (as always on weekends) so I will just be spending the 3-day weekend at home, hopefully with a lot of wine and a book.  :-)  I really hope the weather report is wrong and it clears up and is sunny, but today it looks like it's not going to.  Yesterday was 75 here, and that is perfect, but today is cloudy and much colder.  Sometimes I really hate western WA. 


  1. YEs! I was waiting on the edge of my seat for your race report!!!!

    That sounds FUN! My friend and I run together and we have always said we are going to create fun teeshirts!!!!!

    1. Thanks MaryFran, at least one person was waiting on the edge of her seat. 😊