Monday, June 1, 2015

Last week

I suppose I should update my blog.  I really do writing on here, but lately I have just not felt like it.

I started doing yoga every morning.  I have long wanted to be more flexible.  When I was younger I was very flexible, but not at all now.  I often do yoga regularly for a few weeks and then stop for months.  Last week I was on Instagram and saw some yoga pages and decided I wanted to do it more faithfully.  I am not a morning exercise person, but I decided I could spare 20 min or so in the morning before getting ready for work.  I continue to get up at the same time, I just have less time to sit and relax and drink my coffee before I have to leave.  I decided that I would do a 5 day challenge, I started on Monday, last week (Memorial Day) and was going to do it through Friday to see how I felt about it.  On Friday when I got home and was tired and sore from being so busy, I went outside and did 10 min of yoga and felt so much better afterwards.  And that made me think I need to keep up with it, I really, really enjoyed it.  I skipped Sunday, I just didn't want to get up (I wasn't going to do it as early on the weekdays, but still didn't want to get up).  But this morning I was up at 5 and did my 20 min routine.  There are a couple of other routines I like, but they are longer, and on Monday's 20 min is all I have.  The only pose I have down is child's pose, and even in that my butt is too high.


On Thursday of last week I went for a run and Maddox wanted to go with me.  So I told Chris to have Maddox ready in about 20 min and I would take him around the block with me when I got back.  Maddox wore my armband with my phone in it and listened to music and he wore my sunglasses.  It was awesome.  I had to take a picture, of course.  =)

Saturday was a very hot day to run, and I had to wait for Damian to be done with his football practice, so I didn't go run until about 1pm.  I got back and noticed that I had a ripe strawberry on my plant, the first one of the season, so of course I had to eat it.  It was extremely refreshing.

 
I ran 69 miles in May.  I was annoyed when I saw that.  If I had known that I was one mile short of 70 miles, I would have ran 7 miles on Sunday instead of 6.  Oh well.

Next week is my official beginning of marathon training.  However, the first week, and even the 2nd week is pretty much exactly like what I'm doing right now.  I'm nervous to increase my mileage because of my feet, but I'm also very ready to do longer than 6 miles for my long run.  I guess we'll see how it goes in a few weeks.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment