Monday, August 22, 2016

Another week gone

Well, I'm back to work.  I've been back for a week now.  It was tough to come back, the weather got really nice the last half of the week and it made it a lot more difficult to leave.  The first half of the week I was swimming 2x a day for 30 min and then after the weather got nice, it got harder for me to go swim for exercise.  I don't know why it got harder.  I skipped Friday, and then only did one 30 min swim Thursday and one on Saturday. 
I asked Damian to take a couple
pictures, and this was the best one.
The last full day we were there (Sunday) we had to go to Chris's brother's wedding.  It was a very nice location, a ranch only 45 min from where we were staying, and a nice day (but a little too hot).  We were asked to be there an hour early, I thought for pictures, but then we just stood around and melted.  Then the wedding was 45 min late, and we continued to melt.  The reception was beer (cheap beer) and water, which was very sad for me as I don't drink beer.  We waited an hour for them to join the reception, and then after the dances were over (daughter/father, bride/groom, and groom/stepkids) they disappeared again and were gone for the rest of the reception. 

I took Maddox for a walk, and ended up with another little girl, who was 2.  She was really cute, but after 2 or 3 hours she

 started getting tired and didn't want to listen to me anymore.  I handed her back to her mom and dad.  It was a long day, and I got pretty bored.  I felt like it was a waste of my last day of vacation.  I got cheated out of one more day of floating in the lake.  Oh well.  I couldn't say I wasn't going to go.  =/

I got back last week with the intention of joining the YMCA.  I was going to swim and do a couple cycle classes.  Well, I was looking at they pool schedule and noticed that it said the pool will be closed from 8/20-8/29 for maintenance.  There goes those plans.  =/  So I started looking at other options.

My sister goes to LA Fitness, so I asked her about it, and she said she could get me a 2 week pass to go "try it out."  So I decided to do that.  There's one in Everett where I work, and I can go right after work.  They have cycle classes Monday and Wednesdays at 5:30, which is a little late, but doable. 

I decided to go for a run last Tuesday to test my ankle, which did nicely and then I went to the YMCA on Wednesday as a drop in to swim ($10 for a drop in, seems steep).  Then I started my 2 weeks at LA Fitness on Friday and swam for 30 min.  I thought swimming back and forth at the lake was hard, it's much harder in a pool.  I think that's because the laps are longer.  I have to stop and rest every half lap.  It's hard! 

I ran again yesterday, and again, my ankle seems to be doing okay.  It still is sore, tomorrow it'll be the most sore, but it's so much better than it was. 

If you know me, which no one that reads this really does, you know that I love shoes, specifically heels.  So not only does my ankle affect my running, but also my shoe choices.  I really, really miss my shoes.

Well, I probably could type more, since it's been 11 days since my last post, but I'll leave it at this for now.  Below are more pictures of my vacation.  ; )
I read a lot.  I didn't bring enough books, I ran
out at the end of the week.






Damian lost his shoe in the lake pulling the
boat up to the dock, and instead of floating
in, like we had been all week, it started floating
out, so he had to grab a raft and row himself to
get his shoe.  It was hilarious.
 
Waiting for the wedding, that is Damian's cousin, that we've
only met one other time.


The boys drinking . . . and waiting.

The kids waiting.


Maddox and the little girl I watched watching
the horses.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great vacation...even with the 'lost day'!!!

    ReplyDelete