Thursday, December 17, 2015

Short post

I don't have a lot to report on.  I decided I needed to run more.  36 miles in a month (November) isn't enough, especially when I'm not really injured.  I suppose I had some "injury" issues at the beginning of the month, I was definitely trying to prevent plantar faciitis from coming back/getting worse, but I was just plain lazy for the second half of the month.  I am at 25 miles for the month of December so far.  I have been debating going back to running 5 days a week, or staying at 4 days (although that has been more like 3 the last month or so). 

I have also been debating running a half marathon in January.  I don't know if I will be able to because I have cut back on my running so much.  I asked some running friends on facebook and I was told "probably" I could.  So I'm upping my distance, especially on the weekend, and will see how it goes from there. 

Last Saturday I did hill work.  I went up and down a hill close to my house 10 times.  It was tough, and I don't even think it was the "recommended" hill distance, but I started in the middle and ended before the top, so I can add to the distance as I get better.  Maybe the fact that I did 10 repeats means I could do longer and less repeats.  I don't know.  I'm just winging it. =)

In other news, I'm making my family's Christmas presents.  I'm tearing apart pallets and cutting and sanding them, and then going to stain them and put a family saying on them.  It's been sorta fun. 
 And that's about all I have for now.  I hope all of your holiday preparations are going smoothly.  I have nothing done. . .  Well, my house is decorated, that's it.  I think people should have the week before Christmas off (with pay) in order to get ready for Christmas.  ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment